• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ic7 5/4 3/2 ratios dont work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm, could be many things...

What I would do:
First: Optimized defaults.

- 800 PSB
- 5:4 FSB:MEM
- AGP/PCI Fixed 66/33
- up vdimm 1-2 steps

Manual timings on RAM:
3 7 3 3
The last options at the same page:
Auto
Auto
Auto
Disabled
Disabled

- disable E1394 and second sata controller (if you don't use them)
- select you boot-order.

Try boot at 200FSB
Then use ClockGen or SetFSB and try upping the FSB.
WCPUID won't recognise the changes, but CPU-z will...

One other thing you could try is to max out the memory at 1:1 first. Up vdimm to 2.8 (safe IMO), then try...

thnx for the input.. Ive tried the first on your list
psd 800
agp fixed
5/4 ratio
vmem/2.8
timings 3844. unfortunately that is a no go but ill try the other stuff when i get home tonite

incidently, this memory really cranks 1-1 ive had it up to 285 (booted) however the reason i want the 5/4 ratio is im trying to isoate the cpu from the memory( suspect its the memory cause it loves hi-voltage). but without isloating the cpu from the memory i cant really be sure what component is failing at very hi frequencies..

Is your komusa ram A-Data? I hear it is.:) I bet this is another compatability problem again with the IC7 and ram! Do you have any other ddr to try try out the other ratios with? Even something cheep to see if the other ratios work. I'm thinking of trying the Komusa but if the other ratios don't work it'll really suck.

yep u hit it on the head! the pc4000 &4200 hyperram employs the adata chips. I ultimately plan on runnin this setup at 1-1 but to determine what component is failing ,i have to be able to seperate the ram from the cpu and thats where the 5/4 ratio comes in handy.. no use in doing a vmem mod to ultimately find out its the cpu failing and not the ram.. aside from this issue, im really pleased with this ram. It was inexpensive and runs darn fast. ill bet the pc4200 stuff can really crank..

If abit support cant help then ill guess ill have to get some cheap ram just for testing the cpu... that sux....

finally found the answer. simply changed the auto timings to manual and presto the 3/2 5/4 dividers work. thanks everyone for the input and help

flapperhead said:
finally found the answer. simply changed the auto timings to manual and presto the 3/2 5/4 dividers work. thanks everyone for the input and help

Good to hear!

Please post which settings you changed, and to which values, so we can have a thread to point other with the same problem to...

Hey, and try the new beta b01 bios with spd settings. I want to know if spd and 5/4 - 3/2 work with this bios and A-data.

That's fine, I just want to report if there might be an issue here. The b01 bios may have fixed the issue you had. Thanks.

Back