• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quantum-light processor Update?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
...distant future.

How about this one for you. They're setting up a merket for artificially produced diamonds that are virtually indistinguishable from real diamonds.

Billions made from sales are to be invested in diamond chips capable of withstanding situations which are theoretically impossible for silicon.

Last edited:
They're just a bit more advanced now. Look for my post in the Protein Chip thread in this same forum.

heeh advance sure.. but not to the point where we can get them working for quite a while.. but if they did get them to work.. think of the speed......... =p~~~~~

They are working. When the got the smaller qubit machines working, they calculated an algorithm in a few minutes that took the cray supercomputers months to do.

I remember seeing that artical. It was a very good read. I also found an artical that actaully had a sphere looking thing (about the size of a baseball) that was the processor. It had something to do with putting light in an infinite loop to store and calculate information....i think i still have that link some where, need to find link.

I think i saw on tech tv once where they had this theoretical Physisist namend Michio Kaku, and he talked about quantum computers and how they had one calculate 4+5 with only 7atoms. If 7 atoms can do that then just think about how complex a problem can be solved with 100 million atoms. Though this computer was about the size oz a very large room and had this sphere conected to all these metal dongles. Ur thinking a century or more ahead buddy.,

Michio Kaku is one of the leading t. physicists working on superstring theory. He's one of the founders in fact. I have a few of his books, and his textbook Quantum Field Theory is very insightful.

Yeah i have his book "visions" and I liked it alot so I am gonna read all his other books to, very enjoyable. Recomended read to anyone hopeing to learn about Phisicas and other stuff.

Hyperspace and Beyond Einstein are excellent for an introduction to the ideas in qft.

I also enjoy Stephen Hawking's stuff. Its always very insightful, but not boring to read. Check out "A Brief History of Time" there's some good stuff in that one.

Back