• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help jumper settings MSI6120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arden

I just changed CPUs from 333/66 to 400/100 and I'm confused about how to set the jumper switch . The manual shows 266/400 set with 4 multiplyerb but if I set it for 4 then boot screen only shows 266. I have it set on 6 multiplyer and boot screen shows 400 when I boot. Also BIOS says its using 100 MHz FSB. Does anyone know what the switches should be?

Check out MSI's site for some pics for jumpers.

Sounds like your FSB is still set to 66, but you need to set it for 100.

I have downloaded the manual from MSI's site already. What is confusing me is the switch #5. It states that you can change a 66MHz cpu to 100MHZ by setting switch #5 to yes at your own risk. Now my 400MHz CPU's are 100MHZ FSB and the bios says they are at 100MHZ. When I set the multiplyer at 4 it shows up as 266 MHZ CPU's.

Have you tried updating to the newest BIOS?

Have you tried running WCPUID from Windows, to make sure it really IS running at 266 and not 400?

Checked WCPUID and it says running 400 MHz and FBS is 100MHz same as BIOS guess it's OK the way it is set.THANKS

Back