• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fighting for overclock !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Hi mates !
Back woth my o/c...
I have this CR 2.6 that went from 262 FSB all the way down to 250 FSB in order to get it stable :(

After I started folding 262 was virtually impossible to run. I also run only one instance of F@H.

After months of tweaking I thought 262 was stable and good and now I'm at 250. I have tried everything, BIOS and hardware related.

I have w/c and temps are 40 / 57 ( that's not great but it's IC7 )

Only one thing is in the air unanswered. Raising Vcore over 1.625 will result in freeze (running 2 instances of Prime95) . Temps are still 56 but PC will freeze. Off course this only when overclocked. I run chip at 1.75 ( with 2 Prime95 as well) at stock trying to burn it in or something and it didn't freeze but it didn't help either.

I heard someone mention some Voltage regulator or something to me before... So can it really be the prob ? I thought that higher Vcore = increase in o/c

But my ******* freezes :( If it has too little Vcore it will give me rounding error or crash but too much and it freezes. And this "too much" can be only 0.025 V

Other problem is that I don't have anywhere else to try the chip :(
So my hope lies on you and your experience.

Is it a dud chip or can it be some voltage thingie getting too hot or something ?

any help would be appreciated !
Thank you for your time !

My setup:

P4 2.6 CR
Abit IC7
Antech 480W
Radeon 9700 Pro

P.S. It ain't RAM because I can run memtest at all dividers 8 except 1:1 all day long with all RAM timings loosened up or tight as hell

P.S.2 I tried all the BIOS-es to no avail as well

Have you tried improving cooling on your northbridge? Try that, and maybe buying some ram sinks to put on the mosfets.

Back