• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking K6-2 450 questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Snakebyt

Hello,
I am new to the board, and i had a question. Im a newbie at all this so please be patient with me.
I have a FIC PA-2013, with a K6-2 450. According to there site, and the jumper settings listed there (link attached) the only difference betweeh the K6-2 450, and the K6-2 500 is the voltage. The multiplier for the 450 are 100X4.5, and the 500 is 100X5.0.
Link to FIC jumper settings page:

So am i correct in assuming that if i change the multiplier to 5.0 that my system will now be overclocked to 500mhz?

If so, how do i go about changing the multiplier? Is it on the board? In the bios? Like i said, im new, and would appreciate any thought or comments.
Thanks in advance

Snakebyt

It's on the mother board.
Switch the jumper for FREQ 1 from Jumper 2-3 to Jumper 1-2
(reference MB for jumper location of FREQ1 jumper. Manual is also on the web)

Greetings,
I have a pa 2013 running a k6 3+ 450 at 550 as my wifes work computer, and I had the same board running a k6 2 300 at 350-400 depending on the day and how nuts i felt. all in all a stable board. try uping the voltage to 2.5 and change the multiplier to 5 then if that works you may even want to try 5.5. But my best advise is to read the manual carefully and change the settings as needed. and once your comfortable flash the bios to the ji4330-4333 any one will do. and then drop in a k62/k63 + chip, the k63+ are getting hard to find, but the 2+ is still a great upgrade due to the on die cach that your current chip is lacking. Best of all the 2+ chips can be had for around fiddy bucks(cheap upgrade).
good luck and let me know if you have questions, cause I have answers, however they may not all be right.......lol....

Back