• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mini refrigerator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Haha.. yeah... that might help. Some fridges are decent, others suck. It's kinda like saying, I saw this car at some dealership, is it any good?

No offense of course...

However, you DID leave a small hint with the cooler/warmer bit. That probably means you are talking about one of the mini 6-pack fridges that are peltier chilled/warmed. Yes, they are fun for chilling your beer during a game... but no, they are absolutely useless for overclocking.

what i plan to do is use the yy0221 case and insulate the middle divider, and put a refrigerator on one side, with the reservoir init and my drinks, and all the comp hardware on the other side....ultra lan pc

Are you saying, put the res IN the fridge? That opens up a whole 'nother can of worms...

Otherwise, fridge IN the case, simply to cool your drinks is very cool (PUN!). You'll simply *have* to post pics of that ^_^.

hehe, it will take a large amount of modding ;) to accomplish, but that is not a prob. the divider in the middle of the case will need to be scooted over a little tidbit. the specific refrigerator is 14"H x 8"W x 5.5"D. it can cool to 30-40 below ambient room temp in 2 hours......room temp=71F, 71-40= 31F :) (i prefer celcius measurements)

There is also plenty of room behind the refrigerator for all my heator cores, my 500 GPH pump, and whatever else. The drive bays will be relocated to the other side, and then window time!!

I imagine i will have to insulate the tubing, but im not sure. The divider will be insulated, so the heat/icing from the cooling chamber will not bother my nf7 and 2500. Does anyone who has experience in this are know what temperature condensation occures? it might just not be worth refrigerating the reservoir

another question: is 500 GPH overkill? as in will it blow those heatercores to pieces? the pump is adjustable from 0-550 gph.

my psu will prolly be the 500 watt ps featured in the x-superalien cases.

NOW FOR THE LAST OBSTACLE: getting my parents to let me spend 510 bucks for the refrigerator pc case, and cutting up a 150 buck case =)

500gph is far from overkill... it's (IMO) perfect for most cooling. I'm using a 750gph pressure rated pump. I've seen people using 2k gph pumps... your heatercore will have no problem with that. Flow is different than pressure. If you were dealing with a super-high pressure pump that *could* possibly blow stuff up, your tubes would be the first thing to blow, most likely at the connection.

that is going to be a sweet mod. from what i have read 1000gph is about the max you can do before you start to see diminishing returns. if you are using the type of cooler that i think you are, you might be able to put a waterblock on it and get it even colder even faster. good luck. post pics for the rest of us to drool over. :)

ha aight...there is a 1000 gph pond pump on ebay, i think i could spell it: 1000 gph pwndr pump, but one questiuon remains unanswered: can i link multiple heatercores together to accomplish maxi cooling?

as for the concieved setup: 500gph pump, ~1/2 liter reservoir, 2-3 dangerden heater cores, reservoir in the fridge (hehehehe) and whitewater cpu sink+ hopefully custom 9800 pro gpu+mem waterblock (can this be done with a dremel?)

in the workshop there are plenty of router saws, table saws, and the almighty scroll saw MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHa

pvc_and_frost said:
hehe, it will take a large amount of modding ;) to accomplish, but that is not a prob. the divider in the middle of the case will need to be scooted over a little tidbit. the specific refrigerator is 14"H x 8"W x 5.5"D. it can cool to 30-40 below ambient room temp in 2 hours......room temp=71F, 71-40= 31F :) (i prefer celcius measurements)

There is also plenty of room behind the refrigerator for all my heator cores, my 500 GPH pump, and whatever else. The drive bays will be relocated to the other side, and then window time!!

I imagine i will have to insulate the tubing, but im not sure. The divider will be insulated, so the heat/icing from the cooling chamber will not bother my nf7 and 2500. Does anyone who has experience in this are know what temperature condensation occures? it might just not be worth refrigerating the reservoir

another question: is 500 GPH overkill? as in will it blow those heatercores to pieces? the pump is adjustable from 0-550 gph.

my psu will prolly be the 500 watt ps featured in the x-superalien cases.

NOW FOR THE LAST OBSTACLE: getting my parents to let me spend 510 bucks for the refrigerator pc case, and cutting up a 150 buck case =)

Just puttin the res in a mini fridge is not a good idea. You have to put the evaporator in the res, and even when its done mini fridges can not handle high heatloads for a long time. So basically if you do it all right, after a couple of hours your temps will raise from 20C to around 30C-40C remember this is without load. Another problem with this is what you mentioned, condensation is a *****, and the compressor on the fridge can get sooooo hot it will heat up your room...and trust me its annoying.

Also about the multiple heatercores, dont buy them from dangerden, get them from an auto parts store and save youself a lot of cash.

what i plan to do is use the yy0221 case and insulate the middle divider, and put a refrigerator on one side, with the reservoir init and my drinks, and all the comp hardware on the other side....ultra lan pc

I have that case- trust me it wont fit. The compressor on my chiller is about the same size as a minifrig- and it would not fit (my chiller is bolted to the bottom since it is the same size]

The Haake water baths are good stands for teh yy, and they are way better than a fridge.

You could use the lines to make a refrigerated compartment.

the fridge is thermoelectrically cooled, not compressor. But, for the sake of mobility that i want, im droppin the fridge pc for now. first i need to get my lan machine up and running. will still be watercooled, and hopefully i will beable to get 3.5-3.6 on my 2.4c

Back