• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

computer keeps rebooting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sautegod

My friends computer keeps rebooting every time he turns it on.
It dosen't even get to windows before it restarts. I told him a few things to try but I have to admite I don't have any exspereance with this. So I was hopeing that every one here had some advice

has he been overclocking? We need more details about what was going on PRIOR to the problems.

it isn't overclocked, he hasn't changed any thing since he bought the computer, and that was awhile ago considering it's only a 1GH pentium. he has a geforce 3 card (I'm not sure what one ) that is also not overclocked. he said he hasn't been on it in a few weeks and when he turned it on the other day it kept reboting on him

Sounds like the PSU to me. Try pulling all non-essentials and see if it boots.

Sounds like blaster to me as well. A search for *blast* will find it.

You know I bet he dosn't even have an antivirus because that was the first thing I told him to do. I'll probally have to go over there and force him to install nortons or something like that.

he probally opens email attchments all the time with out thinking

You could install Norton for him and burn him a CD with the latest updates. That way he could run it and let Norton clean it up.

I'll making him a disk over the weekend and give it to him monday. he was telling me that he never opens email attachments then when I told him what attachments were he was like O mabye i do

thanks for the help

Back