• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me find an uncorrupt 3dmark03

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bgates1654

Registered
I have tried 8-10 different sites to download this from and everytime I try ot install it it says:

CRC error: The file C:\program files\futuremark\3dmark03\3dmark03.dat doesnt match the file in the setup's .cab file. THe medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

I tried retrying but it still didnt work. I also tried to ignor it but when I installed the patch and tried to ruin teh program it said some kind of logo skin file was corrupt and it couldnt run. Anybody got a 3dmark03 file that inst corrupt that I could download?

I have tried all USA mirror sites on the futuremark.com site. As a matter of fact I have already tried the one from 3dguru.com. Perhaps its not a corrupted file? Any ideas?

I gave it another shot with 3dguru.com and this tiem I didnt patch it at first. I tried it out and the first game demo played but then when it when to fill rate it crashed and said file "(insert odd symbols).tga" is corrupt. Then I patched it and it played the first game demo again and it went to fill rate again and crashed saying file "textures/latty.tga" is corrupt.

What kind of overclock are you running, it sounds more like an unstable overclock than a corrupt file, if the file was corrupt I wouldn't think it would even run any of the demo screens.

-Milkman

Well considering that I have no instability, everything else works fine, and I have never had a problem with corrupt files before you can kinda see as to why I would think it is the files problem. I cant see the problem being with my rig. Here is what I have

AMD Tbird 1.0 GHz AYHJA "Y" @ 1.54Ghz (140x11) stock voltage @ 36C
Soyo K7V Dragon BIOS: K7VX2ba2
OEM Geforce2 Pro 64MB 200/400 no OC lapped stock HS
2x 256MB OCZ DDR PC2700
All drivers up-to-date

This computer has been this way since the time it was put together about 2 years ago. The only tiem I have had instability is when the waterblock wasnt quite sitting on the CPU die well.

Need anymore info? Anybody have an idea what the problem is based on possible hardware incompatabilies? Any other ideas?

bgates1654 said:
I have tried 8-10 different sites to download this from and everytime I try ot install it it says:

CRC error: The file C:\program files\futuremark\3dmark03\3dmark03.dat doesnt match the file in the setup's .cab file. THe medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

I tried retrying but it still didnt work. I also tried to ignor it but when I installed the patch and tried to ruin teh program it said some kind of logo skin file was corrupt and it couldnt run. Anybody got a 3dmark03 file that inst corrupt that I could download?

Are you overclocking?!?!? I had a prob once, seems as EVERY TIME I downloaded a large file it would be corrupt. Turns out my overclock was too high.

Try going back to stock and downloading it. Then install, then overclock, then run it.

Also check for viruses.
Rob

Like I said before this comp has been this way for two years and I have DLed files much bigger than 3dmark03 (176MB) such as Newbattlefields (220MB) for MechWarrior4 Mercs and again like I said before never have had a problem. I doubt that it is an overclocking problem but I will try your idea. Viruses... now that could be the problem. Havent done a scan in a while. Virsu scan first then stock specs... and we'll see what happens.

Probably not a virus, just an odd software config issue.

It's not uncommon, but do you really think that every 3dM03 program you download is corrupt, or the problem lies in your rig?

Try re-installing DirectX, then re-install 3Dm03....

Well Virus check turned out fine. I set everything back to factory settings and installed it... no problems. Most likely none of the files were corrupt, just that when installing 3dmark03 doesnt like OCing for some reason. I am not even near pushing the limits and I have never had a problem with it before so I am kinda baffled by it.
I have seen wide spread corruption of DLable programs before but that was becuase decided to place a trojan at the end of them all. How it happended i dunno, but of course I have only seen that once. To tell you the truth... form the about 10 different DL sites I tried it would be kinda dumb to assume that ALL of the files were messed with or bad. So in retrospect I award myself:

*** PICTURE REMOVED ***

credits for the pic go to someone esle...

Seriously though thanks for the help and sorry about my skepticism.

Although I understand and appricate the humour of the picture which was posted, the language it contained was simply not appropiate for a G-Rated Forum and as such it was removed - UnseenMenace - Forum Moderator

Well, the pic doesn't seem to load anymore. But I am going to be keeping tabs on the thread to make sure it stays that way. ;)

Kahnza

No Kahnza, the pic still loads. I agree that it shouldn't be posted on these forums, even though I personally found it quite funny, the language jsut doesn't work around here. So, I will now be reporting it to a mod.

Back