• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It's Amazing!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trikotret

Hey All,
I just got bought a 2.4B for my business but I decided to take it and give my business my own 2.66 instead :D. When put in the 2.4B in my rig, I was able to reach 3.2 with 1.60vcore. :D I was amazed since my the highest I got my 2.66 was 2.90. I think I can push it more but why bother. I never reached these levels before... :D Why would Intel allow their 2.4's to overclock this good?? I am kicking myself for buying the 2.66 back in the days when I would have bought a cheaper chip and had better success :eek: . I just liked to share my joy with you all....:cool:

Mike

good deal. It all about being a smart overclocker/buyer.
I love my p4 2.26 that does 3 ghz, and by following the experiences of people such as yourself, that is how we know what chips to avoid, and what chips to try our luck on

Wow! It's a B too, not a C... so it looks like it is possible that the latest Northwoods overclock roughly the same amount whether they are C or B...

there was someone asking about this. he'll be overjoyed.

what was the place of manufacture and date? also what S-code?

looks great so far. :)

Maxvla said:
what was the place of manufacture and date? also what S-code?

looks great so far. :)

It was packed 8-21-03 and the code is SL6Q8 but I can't find the place of manufacture on it. I looked everywhere on the box. They don't list it. Very strange.

Mike

Goody

I consider this a challenge to have my newly aquired 2.4b running faster than yours :p Its very encouraging to hear your result :)

Thanks also to Shiyan for directing me to this thread.

The race is on :)

the chip you have is the new D1 stepping. looks great. the place of manufacture is on the processor. or you can tell by reading the fpo/batch number which might look like this: L321A......

this should be on the sticker on your box.

Re: Goody

ChazFx said:
I consider this a challenge to have my newly aquired 2.4b running faster than yours :p Its very encouraging to hear your result :)

Thanks also to Shiyan for directing me to this thread.

The race is on :)

I can go as high as 3.4 in windows but crashes in 3dmark01. I think if increase the vcore more, it might be stable. But I don't want to kill it...:D

Mike

Re: Re: Goody

trikotret said:

I can go as high as 3.4 in windows but crashes in 3dmark01. I think if increase the vcore more, it might be stable. But I don't want to kill it...:D

Mike
1.70 vcore is quite safe. give her all she's got! ;)

Re: Re: Goody

trikotret said:

Mike

What sort of teperatures are ya hitting?
Also what cooling?standard Intel?

Mines copping a Lapped Intel heatsink.

Also understand at these speeds your power supply must have tremendous 12V output.

larva said:
Also understand at these speeds your power supply must have tremendous 12V output.

Excuse me for my ignorance but why is this necessary ? And how much should one have when o/c 12+ or is any less acceptable ? Also does fluctuation does anything ?

Thank you for your time!

The higher we raise the clock speed, all else equal, the greater the power drawn by the cpu. In addition Vcore increases have a substantial effect on the power consumption. Combine the two, and you always need to consider whether the power supply is strong enough.

Since P4's use the 12V line to derive their cpu's power source, the capacity of the 12V line is very important. And crucial when you get to the 3.2GHz level with a P4.

It's hard to put simple numbers on it, as most times we are referring to the manufacture's rating for output, not a true measure of the output.

The most realistic ratings in the industry are those on the Fortron/Spakle power supplies. Typically these supplies will exceed their ratings by a useful amount. Most other makes of power supplies will at best match their rating, with many not even doing that.

My Sparkle 350 is rated at 15A on the 12V line, and it is heavily overloaded at 3.4GHz. No supply rated at 12A on the 12V line is suitable for an application like this. You really need a Fortron rated at 18A to do this job, or 20A from any other manufacturer.

Re: Re: Re: Goody

ChazFx said:

What sort of teperatures are ya hitting?
Also what cooling?standard Intel?

Mines copping a Lapped Intel heatsink.

I am using volcano 7+. Temp idle 30 load 50. I have an Antec 350W power supply.

Mike

Re: Re: Re: Re: Goody

trikotret said:

By I have an Asus and it overvolts in windows. Is that still safe??

Mike
1.70 actual.. whatever bios setting gets you there...

Back