• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Couple Water ?'s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bertus02

Registered
Just wondering is someone know where I could get a 1/2" Brass T and where you can get metal bolts, nuts, and springs to hold down a p4 waterblock? thanks guys!!

Ok i can see the that home depot would carry a brass T but why would they have the hardware to hold down a block to a board. im sure you could find all the parts there to do it but i dont have the time. i would like to buy some preassembled. thanks for the link though. there has to be someone out there that knows where i could find this. :D

eobard said:

Link's broken, or at least it's down for me at the moment.

Works for me. It's a slow site, so probbably just down for a moment.

I know they have springs and a ton of other stuff. Titanium bolts, saphirre balls anybody?

bertus...a hold down kit is nothing more than 2-4 screws/springs/and nut washers. they usually keep them all in the same place. just make sure the screws are thin enough to slip through the holes on your motherboard.

if you dont have holes on your motherboard then thats a different story though.

i assume my board has holes its a abit bh7. i guess i have to futher inspect it.

help a brutha out. how do you bypass the cpu fan automatic shutoff? To clarify.. when i disconnect my cpu fan by board donsnt post etc.... :D

one work around is to plug your psu fan header in to the cpu fan header, and now you have a fan there :D

There should be an option in the BIOS somewhere to disable fan warnings or something. I used to have one of these boards and the procedure was to power it up with a fan plugged in (CPU fan) then go into the BIOS (press delete right at the start of powering up/resetting) and have a look around in the options in there. I can't remember exactly where it is but there's definately an option in there to turn it off. Once you've done that, save to bios and exit, shut down and remove the CPU fan ;)

If there isn't an option in the bios to turn it off you can buy a little circuit that will send signal pulses to the fan header artifically that will trick the system into thinking there's a fan still attached and running.

Back