• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

this comp good enough to fold?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigs

i have a gateway p2 233 that im currently using(my mobo is away on rma :cry:) and it pretty much sits on all day, some internet browsing for 2-3 hours a day but its idle the rest of the time. is this good enough to fold with? also would it be possible to run it without a moniter? just hook up the power and ethernet(run folding on startup)

Twigs said:
i have a gateway p2 233 that im currently using(my mobo is away on rma :cry:) and it pretty much sits on all day, some internet browsing for 2-3 hours a day but its idle the rest of the time. is this good enough to fold with? also would it be possible to run it without a moniter? just hook up the power and ethernet(run folding on startup)
Yes it should be fine, it should just about make the WU's in time. Yes you do not need a monitor, just an internet connection! Let her fold!

If it doesn't work out its the perfect firewall box ;) I am running mine off of an old pII 266 and it works fantastic.

Back