• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prescott used in Anandtech benchmarks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nope, its still up.

If a review site has prescott, that can only mean that there is a NDA ending soon. Atleast I hope so, b/c otherwise the world is a bore.

maybe im blind.. someone post a direct link?? hehe i just scrolled through entire review looking for it and couldnt find it

cherryp00t said:
maybe im blind.. someone post a direct link?? hehe i just scrolled through entire review looking for it and couldnt find it

if you highlight the part that says
"Our test bed was configured as follows: ... "

on this site -
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1890&p=4

you should see something like this
031003-prescott.jpg

I guess I don't get the big deal... I guess I'm pretty ignorant?

Whats the next gen Core, Prescott? Whats out right now is Northwood, correct?

The main point of this Was twofold.

1. Show that intels having some MAJOR issues with ramping prescotts speeds up.

2. Show that if they don't fix these issues and get prescotts speeds up and fast, prescott will be a technological flop.

Oh and 3. Go "Tehehe... we got around the NDA... we are so Smartzerz!"

Lithan said:
The main point of this Was twofold.

1. Show that intels having some MAJOR issues with ramping prescotts speeds up.

2. Show that if they don't fix these issues and get prescotts speeds up and fast, prescott will be a technological flop.

I am sure that is the total point.

NOT!

i could have sworn when i read that review prescott was not in white... it struck me as odd, but i didn't want to make a fool of myself and post it here.

and i read the thread at anandtechs forum and it said something about how all prescotts are 90nm or something? i thought that the first prescotts were supposed to be like northwoods, and then the later ones would have like 64bit capabilities and have 900something pins? maybe im just confused. :rolleyes:

stan03 said:
i thought that the first prescotts were supposed to be like northwoods, and then the later ones would have like 64bit capabilities and have 900something pins? maybe im just confused. :rolleyes:

AFAIK Prescott will be 0.13u at first and 0.09u later, but Im not sure.

The AMD AthlonFX and Opteron have 939/940 pins and are 64bit compatible, but I dont think Prescott is. I think maybe you got things mixed up a bit.

David said:

AFAIK Prescott will be 0.13u at first and 0.09u later, but Im not sure.

The AMD AthlonFX and Opteron have 939/940 pins and are 64bit compatible, but I dont think Prescott is. I think maybe you got things mixed up a bit.

I'm pretty sure they're gonna be .09u for the duration of the Prescott lifespan.

They'll be on Socket 478 at first then switch over to LGA 775.

Back