• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New P4 2.4B Stepping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The "C" CPUs have been the D1 stepping since their release last spring and average 3.2 to 3.4 gig with good cooling.

Hi Batboy.

What do you mean by the C cpu's?:) Sorry i am new at this. Do you mean C1 stepping?

Is the SL6Q8 a good one? Its D1, oh and other details are:
Prod code BX80532PE2400DSL6Q8
MM # 850349
FPO/Batch # Q333A210
VERSION # C30095-002

p.s. i asked the shop to look for me :)

edit: i am after the 2.4B as my motherboard doesn't support the 800fsb 2.4C's. I have a i845 mobo and no money to switch to a i865/i875 :(

Cheers.
Kenn.

The 800 bus CPUs are the "C" chips and they are all D1 steppings. I'm assuming the 533 bus CPUs in the new D1 stepping would overclock something similar.

Hi Batboy.

Thanks for that:) Hopefully i have some luck:)
Also i am running a P4 [email protected] now, if i went with the 2.4B@3Ghz or so , can i tell a noticible speed increase in both general usage and in games? I have a radeon 9500 128mb now.

Cheers.
Kenn.

k3nnis said:
Hi Batboy.

Thanks for that:) Hopefully i have some luck:)
Also i am running a P4 [email protected] now, if i went with the 2.4B@3Ghz or so , can i tell a noticible speed increase in both general usage and in games? I have a radeon 9500 128mb now.

Cheers.
Kenn.
yes going from 2.1ghz to 3ghz is definately noticeable in just about anything requiring much processing power.

Hi Maxvla.

Thanks for the info. So in games my frame rates would increase? May i ask whichi stepping is your 2.4B? C1? The one in the shops now are D1 for the 2.4B. These are better at overclocking you think?:p I am planning to run on air cooling, thermaltake Volcano 7+ or the stock intel fan, can i still do 3Ghz? What voltage is safe for the cpu? 1.65v?

Cheers.
Kenn.

Cheers.
Kenn.

the D1 should be a more consistent overclocker to higher speeds than the C1. some C1's are awesome like mine. some are horrible like one that i have in another rig that tops out at 3ghz.

volcano 7 will be decent but if you are planning on taking it up past 3.2ghz you will need better. i'd suggest a slk800U with ystech 80mm adjustable fan. or slk900/947 if you want to splurge. voltage is safe up to 1.7. however i've been running 1.75 on my 2.4b for the last month with no problems.

Thanks for the info again :) Yeah unfortunately i don't have the cash to shell out for a new HSF. I probably have to use the stock intel fan or my current volcano 7+.

Cheers.
Kenn.

Hey

We got the same chip :) were chip twins...

But seriously, im currently OCing on of those click here Its running at just under 3 with no worries. and stock cooling it stays under 50c. If you (like me) cant afford flash heatsinks, treat your CPU to some AS III and lap its heatsink. Drops the temp by a few celcius.

Hi there.

Thanks for the info. Hmm what stepping i your 2.4B? Can you please give me the S-code?:)

edit: found out your s-code by clicking on that link lol :p

Cheers.
Kenn.

k3nnis said:
edit: i am after the 2.4B as my motherboard doesn't support the 800fsb 2.4C's. I have a i845 mobo and no money to switch to a i865/i875 :(

Cheers.
Kenn.

Hi trikotret.

Cool i hope the 2.4B i buy will be capable of [email protected]. May i ask what cooling are you using and also what temps are you getting at idle and at full load?:)

Cheers.
Kenn.

Hey,

I mine doesnt wanna go much faster than 3.1somthing. im guessing it could be limited to my ram as its Seitec PC2700 and was the cheapest ram i could find when i built my system. The FSB is 175 IIRC and its running at about 1.7v bios says 1.65 but my board aparently overvolts...

Have my ram timings at 2.5-3-3-7 and max voltage. Am Currently benching the CPU to check its stability. Once i have it running sweet ill lower voltages and tighten the timing as much as i can.

Temps still Sub 50 with stock coolers and generic HS grease. Cant wait till my Arctic Ceramique arrives, as ill be lapping the HSand CPU to go with it :D

Cheers

Hi Chaz.

Thanks for the info. I tried adding you to my icq list just then :p Hope you don't mind, but you don't seem to be online?

Cheers.
Kenn.

i have the same exact cpu with the sl6q8 code.. yeah man,this is a pretty good cpu. i can run at least 3.2+ ghz on this. I'm pretty sure i can go higher, but i haven't tried. plus i'm running on a thermaltake spark 7+ on it. so that might make a difference. Too bad my mobo is a pos, or it'll run better.

Hi XvDarkyvX.

What motherboard do you run and also what temps do you get with that themaltake cooler?

Cheers.
Kenn.

Back