• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

flow rate w/ whitewater

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pvc_and_frost

Looking at the review of the whitewater water block at overclockers.com, the C/W starts leveling out at 10 lpm but are still lower at 14 lpm (literperminute) lpm x 60 = lp hour, right?
14 x 60=840 lph. The ehiem 1250 can push 1200 lph, so i dont think there would be any performance increase of 2000+ lph, am i right? basically? ehiem 1250 or would i be happier with 2000+ lph ehiem 1260 or 1060 and spend a little more green?

pvc_and_frost said:
Looking at the review of the whitewater water block at overclockers.com, the C/W starts leveling out at 10 lpm but are still lower at 14 lpm (literperminute) lpm x 60 = lp hour, right?
14 x 60=840 lph. The ehiem 1250 can push 1200 lph, so i dont think there would be any performance increase of 2000+ lph, am i right? basically? ehiem 1250 or would i be happier with 2000+ lph ehiem 1260 or 1060 and spend a little more green?
The 1250 will not push 1200lph through the loop. No pump will push its rated LPH at 0 head through a loop, you must calculate flow resistance of all the components, fittings, tubing etc. IF you run a WW block, a Heater core and a 1250 with no 90 degree fittings, you should see somewhere around 6.5lpm through the loop according to Cathar's own testing. What review are you looking at? BillA's? You would do a little better with a stronger pump like the Swiftech MCP600 or the Danner Mag 3, you would most likely see 8lpm with one of those pumps. To get close to 10lpm you would need something like an Iwaki MD-20RZT.

pvc_and_frost said:
how much is the iwaki and where can i find it?
About $180. You can find it HERE and you want the IKMD20rlzt-100 (Japanese Motor designated by MD) and NOT the IKWMD20rlzt (American Motor designated by WMD).

nikhsub1 said:

About $180. You can find it HERE and you want the IKMD20rlzt-100 (Japanese Motor designated by MD) and NOT the IKWMD20rlzt (American Motor designated by WMD).

What's the difference between them besides $50 a slightly longer motor housing. Heat and noise? RLZT = RZT for some reason?

Last edited:
UberBlue said:

What's the difference between them besides $50 a slightly longer motor housing. Heat and noise? RLZT = RZT for some reason?

The "L" indicates 110V operation. Non-L is for 220V operation.

i see. thats only 80 bucks more than what i was going to spend lol. but for 0.18 c/w i think its worth it., now i just gotta find the thermochill 120.3 HEHEHEHEHE

pvc_and_frost said:
...now i just gotta find the thermochill 120.3 HEHEHEHEHE

Good luck. Nobody carries them here in the states that I'm aware of. They're mostly a european thing. You can get them, but your going to pay out the butt in shipping.

Back