• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good 120GB sata HDD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. $T$

as above states what is a good reliable sata HDD, somthing with 8mb cache.

edit:

I have been looking at this HDD the price is good and it is a DiamondMax Plus 9 Which I heard is good.

Last edited:
I like WD over Maxtor (they have a 3yr warranty as well) they just seem to be nicer I guess. plus of all the drives Ive seen only ones that had died were maxtors.

pik4chu said:
I like WD over Maxtor (they have a 3yr warranty as well) they just seem to be nicer I guess. plus of all the drives Ive seen only ones that had died were maxtors.

Some people have the same opinions about WD... I like em' both and the diamon max 9 is good. Keep in mind that SATA drives are best with NATIVE SATA (not many mobos have this, as far as I know no nforce 2's do) but its not bad if you don't have native either, just better.

The NF7-S has native correct?

Also I have read that the WD is a bit loud and the Maxtor does out do the WD in most test, well according to the storage review.

Mr. $T$ said:
The NF7-S has native correct?

Also I have read that the WD is a bit loud and the Maxtor does out do the WD in most test, well according to the storage review.

No, it has onboard but not native. This means it could be limited by your PCI bus and in order to install windows on it you have to use a floppy to load hte drivers (like when you do RAID), as far as I knwo the only AMD boards that have Native SATA are kt600 boards and prollu some later generation kt boards (don't know about those). The NF7-S is still a great board though, if the flopppy thing isn't some huge problem don't worry about it. The HDD won't be limited the PCI bus, at least not yet, they arn't to that point right now.

Back