• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bluetooth MX Duo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bensa

Logitech is selling a Bluetooth version of the Wireless MX Duo with the MX700. I am wondering is there any advantage for Bluetooth compared to the radio signals used by the normal MX700 and iTouch keyboard? Faster response? Will it decrease connection problems?

not sure about faster responce... i mean, its already really fast and u probably can't notice much a difference. U might get more range, and it may use a different amount of power, so you may lose some batt life or gain some, also doesn't it use 2.4ghz? so if you have 802.11b or g, you may run into some probs

not sure how bluetooth compares to radio as far as speed or connection problems, but i heard the MS bluetooth set munches through batteries.

Battery life with the normal MX700 is really good. I've never even had low batteries, I just stick it into the base station when I'm not on the comp. Saves the laser as well.

Just from looking around, the mx700 gets like 10ft right? on logitech's website, they say the bluetooth will get 10m or so.

TimDgsr is correct.
THe MS Bluetooth mouse does eat through my batteries pretty fast, but the keyboard lasts for months. But to go around this problem, i bought 4 NiMH rechargable batteries and so this way, when one set dies, i have another to replace it right away, and then i just set the first pair to recharge. These batteries, for me atleast, are worth the cost. They last a lot longer then alkaline batteries and can be recharged!!. So, if you want to get the Bluetooth from Logitech, dont let the battery issue scare you away.

and for connection problems, i havent had any which werent solved by reading the manual. So i can say that connectino is better off then what i used to get with a MS wireless mouse.

raven

Back