• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me out with a duron please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moosedick

can someone tell me which duron processors overclock best (what mhz speed) and how far they can go under normal cooling? thanks

Moosedick...he he...sorry...This link should do the trick for ya. It's got the low-down on the Durons from 600 thru 850Mhz. It is "accurate" as of 4/21/01. I just picked up a 750...hoping for a Gig but I'm gonna get a good HSF.

You might want to consider saving up some cash for a higher quality..than stock...HSF. Good luck...hope the link helps...Looks like the older 600's, 650's or the newer 800's, 850's are your best bet.

my Duron 800 is @ 1050 and looking to squeaze a little more from it
------------------------------------------
Duron 800 @ 1050 with Global Win FOP-32 (140 x 7.5)
Abit KT7A-Raid Mobo
512 mb (Crucial Stuff CAS 2)
Hard Drive Cooler
Elsa Eraser X2 Gforce with Blue Orb (modified to display as a Quadro and overclocked http://www.tweakhardware.com/guide/quadro/ )
Sound Blaster Live Value
Full Tower with 5 (120 mm) case fans with seperate PSU

From what I've seen, the DURON 600 is the best from a total MHz, or overall percentage. I've got two of them at over 1100MHz right now. If you can find one the best code appears to be the "AKBA"

Good luck.

<<<<<<Look who's driving my T-BIRD!

Duron 600 are the best, but the 700s are better now, they don't really clock higher, but they are much cheaper.

Morjo (Jun 07, 2001 12:38 a.m.):
UnseenMenace what Voltage you on?

im on 1.7
CPU temp @ 46c | System temp @ 24 c
( taken now with Seti and Opera running )

read signature~

akca i think best for duron 750

and between week 42-50 or something like that for akca is goood for o/c

Back