• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I raise the multiplier?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samkhadra

How do I raise the multiplier or decrease it, because on my 1.2GHz Duron it won't let me go higher than 12.0, I don't know if I can raise maybe I can't, but I'm not sure can someone help me out please!

Thanks in advance!

In my BIOS it wont let it seems stuck on 12 even when I use the Soft Menu to change it to 12.5 or 13 it still stays at 12. Why is that, and what do I need to do?

a better idea than just raising the mulitplier would be to probably lower the mulitplier some and then raise the fsb, u get more performance that way, having more fsb is better than having a higher multiplier, the system bus is the speed at which u communicate with other devices, and if u have a higher sytem bus, the overall performance would improve, good luck on ocing

ps, always try to keep ur ram and pci freqs in spec, dont go above the pci freqs, u can corrupt ur os files that way, and raising the memory freq too high would just make ur system unstable, or it just wont POST. another thing, raise ur fsb as high as possible, then raise ur multi, that would tiled the best results, and if u wanna know more about OCing, u can just check out the stickies around
________
Paxil Class Action

Last edited:
dalilman52 said:
a better idea than just raising the mulitplier would be to probably lower the mulitplier some and then raise the fsb, u get more performance that way, having more fsb is better than having a higher multiplier, the system bus is the speed at which u communicate with other devices, and if u have a higher sytem bus, the overall performance would improve, good luck on ocing

ps, always try to keep ur ram and pci freqs in spec, dont go above the pci freqs, u can corrupt ur os files that way, and raising the memory freq too high would just make ur system unstable, or it just wont POST. another thing, raise ur fsb as high as possible, then raise ur multi, that would tiled the best results, and if u wanna know more about OCing, u can just check out the stickies around

he has a cpu that is locked.. so that means he cant lower it either

Back