• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xiode

Hey all, I'm new to the forums, and I was wondering if yall could help me out with overclocking! I don't know all that much....more than I used to, but nonetheless, not much. I'm planning to build the PC in my sig, as of right now, but I'll probably end up getting a 64-bit processor/mobo or something. Anyways, HOW would I overclock my 2.8C with the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe? What all would I have to adjust? What kind of multiplier does it use?
Thanks!

Welcome to the forums. FYI you have nothing in your sig right now ;) As for the Intel OC question I will leave that to the Intel crowd

WELCOME TO THE FOURMS!!!!!!!

Sorry not familer with the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe. You could also try posting at the Intel fourms, you may get more replies. Anyway glad to have you abord!!! :D

I posted the same message in there, no replies yet.
By the way, DAMN that was a quick reply...had to be less than 1 minute.

these are very general Intel based instructions.

I'm sure you'll find much more detailed instructions elsewhere.

but here goes:

you can't actually adjust the multipliers.

you lock the PCI bus at 33Mhz, and overclock the P4 by increasing the fsb.

start with default voltage, increase your speed more and more, and add a little voltage along the way when windows does not load or you fail Prime 95...

also, you'll probably need to use the CPU:RAM dividers, once the fsb is too high for your RAM to run.

say for example you have ram that can't do more than 250fsb, but you can overclock your P4 from 200fsb to 250. Then you just use the 5:4 CPU:RAM divider to keep your RAM at 200Mhz even though the CPU is at 250. There's also a 3:2 divider if you need it.

Now, go to the Intel section, as there are stickies there that provide a lot more info than what I wrote.

Last edited:
Back