• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about dvd players

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mark2kay

Registered
why is it that liek in the really dark sceenes or like when scenes ends and pic is all black the pics atsrts looking like weird and kinda pixely?

i tried apexs,panasonics and sonys. all had problem

is this a stand alone DVD player, or is this in your computer?

if it is in your computer, then it is probably a software problem, try a different DVD playing program.

since it happens only in dark parts of the filmand youve tried 3 players, Im gonna guess it's your monitor, that has a problem.

I would shoot for a one of 3 reasons
your decoder (software [CPU] / hardware [dieing card])
graphics card issue
bad DVD (if it was the same one each time)

I think he is talking about compression artifacts. MPEG-2 looks blocky on dark scenes and it has to compress the most, as the gradients of color are surprisingly hard to compress. You will notice this same think when watching satellite TV, as it uses MPEG-2 also. (I'm not sure if DirecTV uses it, but I know Dish Network does)

im not tLKING AOBUT ON MY PC. my pc obly has a tnt2, high quality dvd dont look good at all.

im talking standalone dvd player.

OK now I see (you didn't give much in the way of information). is it constant or dose it happen now and then?
If it's now and then it could be the decoder chip over heating I have this problem on mine during the summer when the AC is off. If not and the problem is constant I would only try cleaning the laser and if that dosen't work check this thread for a deal on a new DVD player ;) http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2185892#post2185892

Back