• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back To Normal Water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lazlo Panaflex

After flirting with Extreme cooling i found that stopping condensation is kind of a pain in the ***. Ive decided to go with just normal water cooling and wanted to get your guys advice on my thoughts.

Pic-of-things-to-come.jpg

The Cpu block is a old D-Tek spiral and the GPU block is a Maze 4. I have both a Danner 3, and 5 and im not sure which to use. I hear Cathar sais just to use the 3 but im not sure if i want a greater amount of flow to reach the top of the case and to go through 2 Heatercores...Suggestions? Also anyone know if a normal sized d-tek core will fit were i have it in the picture (above the PSU)? BTW the other res is a single pass core that giblet recommended to me.

I'd go with the Mag 3.

I'm not sure how helpful running the 2nd core (chevette?) will be. The 2-342 is more than big enough, and the chevette core is about 2x as restrictive.

The setup looks pretty good. However, you could always try something else and be different. :)

Can you fit the core sideways (DodgeViper style) above the PSU? If you can't, can you if you move the PSU down an inch and redo its mounting brackets? Running it this way would get it cool outside air, and let you run 4 fans.

If you don't mind losing your 3.5" bays (you've got plenty of 5.25s to put HDs in ;) ), you could mount the core in the front of the case.

Looks like a great setup. :D

Yea I agree with Gbilet with Core being on the front... and the single pass core being enough. With that said if you are running one single core Danner Mag 3 should be more than enough. Mag 5 will just add more heat.

BTW, I have the same case and Im gettin rid of my 3.5" bay and putting a Chevette...

Giblet Plus! said:
I'd go with the Mag 3.

I'm not sure how helpful running the 2nd core (chevette?) will be. The 2-342 is more than big enough, and the chevette core is about 2x as restrictive.

The setup looks pretty good. However, you could always try something else and be different. :)

Can you fit the core sideways (DodgeViper style) above the PSU? If you can't, can you if you move the PSU down an inch and redo its mounting brackets? Running it this way would get it cool outside air, and let you run 4 fans.

If you don't mind losing your 3.5" bays (you've got plenty of 5.25s to put HDs in ;) ), you could mount the core in the front of the case.

Looks like a great setup. :D

Only reason im thinkin of usin the chevette is if i dont it will just be sittin in my closet :) i just figured what the hell and thought of using it.

Your probably right about fitting it sideways, for some reason i didnt think of that.

Yeah im thinking maybe i should mount the 2-342 in the front like you suggested then the pro core on top of the PSU. Probably be easier to mount and not take up any base like it would being attached to the top.

Thanks Giblet Plus!

Back