• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Installing Xp On E Machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YOB

Registered
The old hard drive went out on the the e machine my friend has and we bought a new h/d, but I cannot get xp to install on it the e machine is a 433I. Is there a trick like with old compacts and win 98 that i need to do to get an operating system on this puter we do not have the rescue disk so I am installing from a clean formatted drive it begins to install but then says it cant read a sector on the cd but i know the CD is good because i have used it many time before and a couple since to load xp please help I have also changed cd players and that is no help either

Thanks

I was just browsing the emachines website and found that u may not meet all the requirements for XP.

Try running the upgrade advisor before running the upgrade. I had hairy problems when I upgraded my HP in my sig to XP the first time. U may need tp check your cable for your cd drive is u keep having problems with your cd. Also double check your CD for damage. A little scratch can be a big problem.

Back