• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheap vid card!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolfeinstein

Disabled
would ati 7000 card be better than mx 440 from nvidia im building a low budget puter for friend and he doesnt have much money he has like 50-60 buks for a card also he doesnt play games maybe watch dvds and surf the net pls tell me what u think what card should i put in

thanks a lot

I built someone a machine not too long ago with a 64MB 7000 PRO. It was kind of a slide show with RTCW:ET, however i can recall my GeForce 2 MX being just as slow.

If he can afford it, i really recommend the GeForce 4 MX 440 or the ATI 9000 PRO. In my mind much better band for the buck.

I couldn't recommend the FX5200, because it just doesn't perform well enough for the asking price.

Last edited:
ill let overclocker550 lay down the scoop of the all mighty 70$ ti4200, you might wanna pm him.

If you haven't bought any of the components yet, the best bang for the buck is an Nforce2 mobo with the integrated Geforce440. They run about 90 bucks.

Back