• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Desert Combat unresponsive issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cuda

Has anybody else had any problems with Desert Combat becoming unresponsive between maps?

It doesn't do it on every map change, but often enough to be very annoying, especially during online play. Sometimes it just quits responding and has to be closed with the task manager. Other times, it just exits to the windows desktop like it wasn't running at all.

I turned the o/c way back to 200*11 with the same results. No other software has shown any signs of instability. I'm going to try to re-install right now and see if that helps, but I was wondering if anyone else experienced this.

It has do that to me, but only when I try to load maps it will close everything to the desktop. When I reinstalled everything was perfect.

I re-installed it last night. After a few hours of on-line play, there were no problems. I'll see what happens.

I have had this problem with Desert Combat only. I had this happen only when I was playing DC maps and not the regualr BF1942 maps (while using the DC mod, do you see what I mean?). Could this be when your game crashes? Also, once I updated to 1.4 and updated DC the problem went away. What version do you have?

I have discovered that a certain map is causing the crash. It is the guadlecanal <sp?> map. But there are a few others I run into online. It is only the Desert Combat mod that crashes. BF 1942 works perfectly.

one time i crashed while loading a map. it was when i tabbed back in exactly right when the map got finished loading, i think that was the problem

I crash on Guadalcanal about 5 minutes into play. This happens on both sides. I tried reinstalling it but still no luck.

I am running .4 and Guadalcanal crashes as soon as the map loads just before it shows the spawn points screen.

Back