• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why I like the Athlon 64: Intel price cuts!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nice.... some agreesive competetion.. im sure amd will follow up with a price cut soon as well.. this is very good =)

I doubt amd can survive a price war... so until they start turning quarterly profits in the cpu sector, I don't.

Lithan said:
I doubt amd can survive a price war... so until they start turning quarterly profits in the cpu sector, I don't.

That's a good point which I hadn't considered. I'm actually all for the AMD 64's, I'm just not ready to get one yet...

Lithan said:

If this actually starts a price war it would not be the first one. When AMD beat Intel to the 1ghz boundry that kicked off a pricewar which was actually terrible for both companies (heh so nice for us though ;) )

Sehr Gut!

I just wish I had enough money to buy somethin. I'd get a sweet rig goin in a lanboy case and somehow get it in my future car.

Yeah, we don't need amd to die from a pricewar...their prices are relatively cheap compared to intel most of the time anyways :D

I'm intrested in seing what the prices for lower clocked A64's will be. In the biggest finish computer store there is allready A64's as xp2800's, xp3000's, xp3200's and xp3400's. I predict the 2800's will be pretty competitivly priced. :)

It just looks like Intel is cutting prices to prepare for faster CPUs. They don't look like the kind of price cuts that'll kill AMD, either. Intel would have to start selling those 2.6s for under $100.

I don't think the A64 is overpriced compared to the competition, but ofcourse the price will drop soon.

Pricewatch has the a64 3200+ at 399$ right now, that to me is a damn good deal since the 3.0c is 383$ on there.

The 3.0c is supposed to drop about $100 in a week or so, according to the article I read (see above). I wonder how long before the A64 drops....

Back