• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.3 g what will it handle ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

foggy

Registered
asus a7v raid 200/266 fsb
1.3g "y" axia 0108rpew - y 6045730745 - A1300 ams 38
640 mg crucial cas - 2 guaranteed to 150
hercules g frce ultra
s/blaster live player
ADSL powered from usb m/board
overclockers. uk coolercase- "extreme"
thermalright copper sk6 heatsink (supplied with 3700rpm fan , should i replace with 6000rpm delta -fan?) -arctic silver bonded (no pad).

ive been told this serial number is unlocked processor is this right guys ?
my m /board only has 12.5 max multiplyer what u recommend for settings to get to 1450-1500g?
what should i aim for temp. wise ?
any more hints tips would be gratefully accepted

cheers.

I think the CPU is unlocked, just try changing the multiplier to find out. If you want to get to 1450-1500, what I would do is set your multiplier to is something low like 8x or something, then up the FSB until it is no longer stable, then start turning the multiplier up until the system is no longer stable. As for temps, try to stay under 60C at all times.

OH also, USE THE JUMPERS to set CPU and FSB speed, the bios on that motherboard never worked for me for overclocking, I got 1200 mhz with bios, 1400 mhz with jumpers!

Aaron

thanks Aaron,
so do u rekon the m/board bios settings will not allow me to up the ante ?jumer dip switches the best way m8?
my case has 6 ys fans 2x120 + 2x80 =cpu do u rekon i should get a 400+ power supply as vlotages seem to be fluctuating !also m8 is it right u have to get approx 70-80 hrs on procesor before clocking to allow to bed in ?

thanks again for ur help m8ty.

Ian.

Run it at 1.3 first then see what temp you get. Mostly people get the best oc if you can keep temp below 40c under load!

What cooling are you ging to use. Water or air? if air what HSF are you getting? You might want to look athe cooling articles. WHat PSU do you have?

SUggestion is first get everything nice and cool at 1.3. The follow the instrcutions as posted earlier. You also have the option to up core and fsb voltages to get higher speed. This is only advisable if you have very good cooling.

Good luck

foggy (Jun 09, 2001 08:26 p.m.):
thanks Aaron,
so do u rekon the m/board bios settings will not allow me to up the ante ?jumer dip switches the best way m8?
my case has 6 ys fans 2x120 + 2x80 =cpu do u rekon i should get a 400+ power supply as vlotages seem to be fluctuating !also m8 is it right u have to get approx 70-80 hrs on procesor before clocking to allow to bed in ?

thanks again for ur help m8ty.

Ian.

The BIOS settings might allow you to up the multiplier, but it never worked very good for me. When I used the dip-switches it let me overclock more than 200 mhz higher, so i'd say use the dip-switches.

Voltages always fluctuate to some degree, if there not going over about a 10% fluctuation then they are fine, what kind of power supply do you have? I would recommend using at least a 350W power supply for your setup, some good power supply brands are enermax and antec.

It is incorrect that you have to allow 70-80 hrs to allow CPU to bed in before overclocking it, I overclock my CPU's within about 5 minutes after putting them in :) Some people say burning the CPU in can help in overclocking, I have never seen it work.

Aaron

Hey aaron,
thanks for all ur help m8ty , got the enermax 431 fan installed plus the 7000rpm delta cpu fan and , clocked my baby up to 1500 no probs m8. feels bloody brilliant to do this first time and succeed ! thanks all for your excellent advice.
t/bird 1.3g @ 1.5 g (10.5x143 fsb ) sk6 coppercooler+delta fan
herc ultra
s/blasta live
temps 40 degs. at idle 45 loaded
coolercase "extreme"
1 very pleased virgin clocker ........................lol .

Back