• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slightly ammusing thing at work today.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
A system got dropped off at the shop today and I noticed I carried the front case sticker of the place I used to work at. I turned it around and sure enough there on the serial number sticker was my initials. According to the serial number, it was the 1934 th system I had built there, back in 2001.

It must have been some kind of user created problem...I know you would never build a system that could break. Lol. That is pretty funny. You built a lot of systems, 1934, thats a lot.

Matt

DaveSauce said:
just don't tell your boss that people are bringing in computers that you built!

Nothing wrong with a little job creation :D

the question is did the person to brought that computer in know you are the person who built it?

that is kind of funny though, it would be cool to see a computer a couple years after i built it getting serviced (that would mean the customer was, and still is, happy with it :D )

if they are getting it serviced they are probably NOT happy with it ;)

Actually the HDD is dying, so I've sent it back under warranty (for the drive). Apparently the client hasn't had a single problem with the machine up until now. Which is kinda funny since it was running Win98SE. Used every day, never been re-installed, etc... I felt kinda bad that I couldn't clone the contents of the drive, so that when the replacement gets in, I would just clone it on the replacement and she could continue as though nothing ever happened. She's been really good about making backups regularly, which is something I wish more of our clients would do.

Back