• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP Pro question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steele1743

Registered
Hey guys, since you all have been so helpful, I was wondering if someone can answer this one:
In Windows XP, the Welcome screen has info I want to remove simply because it annoys me...
Under each user name, it tells you how many unread emails you have. (ex. 6 Unread Email Messages) How can I just set it back to the default install where it does not have that text. Its obviously linked to an email account on the computer but it just annoys me cause I have a custom Welcome screen and the lines of text don't go with the background.
I know its stupid, but my computer has a theme thing going, so it kinda distracts from the background cause each of the 4 accounts has at least two email accounts so, if you think about it, you get the idea that it is actually a fair amount of text covering the image behind it.
Thanks!

Awesome! Thanks, I'll try it out! :)

*edit 10 mins later* THANKS!!! Exactly what I wanted! Now what are all these other options...heh heh...:D

Last edited:
Back