• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danger Den MAZE-4 & AS5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Liquid3D

The ksBrainstorms Mad Reviewer (R.I.P.)
Four and Five, it justs add's up. I've recently been previewing Danger Den MAZE-4 Powerkit, Arctic Silver-5, and the results are just "Madness..." (Lisa Kudro's inflection required). The kit came with, MAZE-4 CPU block, Hydor L30 (365gph), Balck Ice Xtreme, Sunon 120mm/92CFM fan, Clear plexi Reservoir, 1/2" DD tubage, and a tube of AS3.

First, and foremost my advice is NEVER spreading your thermal paste. All that is required is a dollup, in the center of the processor, and in truth the same amount used on an AMD can be safely used for Intel. The core directly beneath, is the same .13-micron die size.

As my foray into water-cooling I love the MAZE-4 Power kit, and while I'm aware more experinced H20 users have known this for quite awhile, this is actually my first H20 setup. I actually went to Phase-change 1st, depriving myself of the effectiveness of H20, and theusual learning curve. I always felt since both air-cooling, and H20 are both ultimately "air cooled" (of course so is phase-change) the difference was ultimately Ambeint air temp limited. And in so far as noise, a larger radiator simply requires more forced air, or fan-power.

Fact is H20 retains kinectic energy longer, and as the fans used can be much larger (120mm) less work is required of the fan-blades, which equates to less RPM's required. Ergo, lower pitch = less noise. I've been bouncing around Forums lately, and being there's so much accumulated experience here, I thought I'd start participating.

Below is a screen shot of recent temps using my P4 2.4C L310A735-0101, with IHS removed, Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, 1GB OCZ PC4200, Asus V9950, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400W;

colagemaze4250fsbasusprobe.jpg

Back