• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help !!!!!! Is my new 1.4Ghz 266 TB Retail box broke ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ReTiCuLeX

Well I just bought from www.tacomputer.com a 1.4Ghz Retail Box they are like 1 mile from me and like when I put the Cpu in my MSI K7T266 Pro DDR it wouldn't boot up at all. I had my waterblock placed on it as soon as I installed it. When I took it out cause It wouldn't bootup I put my Global Win WBK38 Fan on it and I booted her up well I answerd the phone and no 1 would answer so I said F---k you to the person on the phone and it wen't on I was laughing but then I pressed reset button cause it froze at bios screen it said 1050Mhz now It won't bootup again so I gave up I took off my Global win WBK38 Fan and I cracked a lil part of my CPU core off removing the fan = ( now My CPU is totaled I wen't to comp store to get a new 1 he said you gota send it back to AMD so now im stuck with a 1.2 that works and a 1.4 that is broke btw they told me to take other fan in retail box and make an imprint on the CPU so I did and not to tell AMD that I used the WBK38 fan on it just say it broke does any 1 have AMDs Number I live in New York City maybe theres a amd place near or any where in the USA I can call on monday so I can get a new Cpu. Im still puzzled that my 1.2 has lots of cracked on core and works , and my 1.4 has 1 crack on core and a very light burn't spot on back on cpu core it shows like a grey stain very light hardly can see it maybe its not broke my CPU maybe my mobo just don't work with it all though on box of mobo it says up to 1.5ghz o yea my global win fan I plugged on mobo not to powersupply woops : ( .

Sounds pretty messed up. I've cracked the core on my Duron a tiny bit and it's fine, and I've heard lots of people who've had the same experience. Then again, some people do seem to kill their cpu by cracking the core, and it can't exactly be great for it. Hopefully it was the cpu and not the mobo that was dead, and hopefully it'll all go fine once you get a working cpu from AMD. Good luck, hope you get it all working :)

OMG that sucks big time! do you think the watercooler did it or the WBK 38? I have a same fan and I was wondering if all the pressure killed it or the waterblock?

Most likely it was the fan because when I took of watercooler CPU looked fine when I put on fan then took it off the WBK38 is when my CPU was chiped the core.I called AMD there sending me a new 1 I just went to post office and sent out my 1.4, I expect a new CPU by saturday :).

Yeah the shims might help but the WBK38 is a little tricky and with amd chips I always remove the mobo first!

Well My dad was being a biatch he wouldn't get me a copper shim or any shim but now that I CRACKED my cpu hes gona get me 1 lol a blue anaodized 1 $5 w00t w00t

Back