• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

desktop icon question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HaTE

dose anyone know where to change the color of the text on desktop icons, i know where to change it when its selected but i cant find the setting for when its not selected.

Since you didn't mention which OS you're running, I'll just assume it's XP. By default in XP, the icon text color can't be changed manually. The text changes on its own from dark to light depending on the color of the background. It's based on the Desktop color, and not the Wallpaper.

If you'd like to turn on the transparent effect for icon labels...right-click on your desktop and uncheck "Lock Web Items on Desktop" | Open "System Properties" | Advanced | Performance Settings | Visual Effects | Place a check next to "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop", then click on "Apply". :)

Last edited:
Back