• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron !!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tediber

DHD1400DLV1C
MIXIB 0336XPMW

DHD1400DLV1C
MIXHB 0333XPMW

okay guys which one do you think i should take ?? these are duron appalbreds

yeah that's my plan ..... i'm getting sick of this xp1700+ and XP1800+ DLT3C JIUHBs ... am gonna sell 1 of them and play with the duron hehehehehehe

tediber said:
yeah that's my plan ..... i'm getting sick of this xp1700+ and XP1800+ DLT3C JIUHBs ... am gonna sell 1 of them and play with the duron hehehehehehe

Why would you be sick of them?

oh nothing .... just need a new toy to play with .... and A64s aren't available yet and too expensive.

i'm in the philippines by the way. we have them here already ..... wish we had the thortons instead that'd be great turning them into bartons.

can someone post a link to modding the new durons ?? thanks !!!

My 1600 Duron is expected to be delivered Tomorrow (10/9). I ordered it from NewEgg for $42, going into an HTPC on a Leadtek NF2 MicroATX board with 2x256 Crucial Value PC3200 :)

I am going to use an Alpha 8045 that I have lying around with a SLOW fan...I want quiet ;)

tediber and mamisano, I am very interested in how you make out with these chips. Please be sure to post back with your results and experience. And I am sure I'm not the only one! ;)

kb9, did u do that L2 trick yet? I'm also wondering about these chips. the steppings you got are AWESOME, I think you should try to go higher in speed.
each chip might hit 2.4GHz

AMD Athlon(tm) MP 2600+

I only have one CPU in the board now. Figured this way I would know what chip was bad if one ended up being bad. Looping SANDRA cache and memeory bandwidth benchmark now. I figure about a hour of that should be enough, then switch the CPU's.

I keep on running out of bandwidth everyday on my villagephotes account but you may still view them by clicking on the link below.

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpu...selected=468435

And I will not raise my clock speed anymore. I am already hitting 53 degrees and thats with my new XDream heatsinks at low speed.

so far i'm at 1.8ghz with 1.5v does not at above that yet as this sucky MSI board allows only up to 1.6vcore ..... anyways i did the L2 mod but it doesn't seem to work ....... damn not too promising =( ...... **** i sold my XP1700+ DLT3C JIUHB to play with this one ....... oh well it was a crap shoot !!!! i still have an XP1800+ DLT3C JIUHB w/c i definitely will keep until A64 prices are cheap enough to play with

Back