• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H20 Kit needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fuzion

I've decided to buy a H20 Kit for my P4. I'm new to this, so I don't know exactly what I'll need, so I'm just gonna buy a kit and then add/replace as needed down the road. I'm looking for a good / quality kit that will perform well.

This is what I've found so far:
H20 Kit #1

Or this one:
H20 Kit #2

Edit: I just found this one also:
H20 Kit #3

Are any of these kit any good? If not, who makes a good kit that I can start with? Price really doesn't matter, as long as it's worth it.

BTW: This will be going in my Chieftec Dragon Case, should I run into fitment issues? How can I tell if my 500W PSU will handle it, or should I just buy another PSU?H20 Kit #3

I think the best kit is the D-Tek kit over at dtekcustoms.com

But why dont you just build your own with seperate parts? Its a lot more fun and much better cooling wise. It may or may not cost more than a kit, depending on what you wanna mod and how you wanna mod it. Give it a thought.

I found that kit right after I posted here, do you think I'll have any problems (fitment/install) if I go with the D-Tek kit?

None of them look very good price/performance wise. I agree with cupid that the dtek is by far superior. Just upgrade the waterblock to a whitewater aluminum top, then get the Blackpro core+fan shroud upgrade, then add the 120mm aluminum fan, then upgrade to the enheim. Also make sure that you have 1/2" tubing selected. If you do all that, you will have some of the best stuff out and wont NEED to upgrade for a while. You will be very satisfied.

Thanks guys for the quick replies. What kind of check can I do on my PSU to see if it can handle it? I'm probaly gonna order a kit over the weekend, so I'd like to get most everything in one shot.

Also, I see temps now of around 37C-39C idle, and 41C-42C on load, all coming from my Abit. Do you think I'm gonna notice much of a temp drop? D-Tek's website says to expect temps that are pretty much in my range now.

The pump doesn't run off your PSU. It has an AC connector so you have to get a seperate switch that turns it on when you turn on your comp(if it doesn't come with the kit) Unless you want to plug it in everytime you turn your comp on.

Back