• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

could this cause damage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
Alright, so I'm bleeding my setup. And when some air goes through the pump it kinda vibrates and makes noise, is that abd on my Via Agua 1300?

It kinda worried me...

you should never have air in your system... i have the same pump and on the actual pump itself it says something about not running dry.... just get all the air out and it should be fine....

I know, but to get the air out of my system it has to run through the pump.

Well, anyway, most of it is out. however the water wetter made it kinda foamy.

Running dry means not turning it on when no water at all is going through it. The same happens to most pumps when air gets in it or you first turn it on. Don't worry as long as it only happens for a coupel seconds until the air goes through you will be fine.

the main concern with running a pump dry is heat...water is actually the bearing for the drive motor in these pumps...similar to a fluid bearing fan....intemitant air bubbles aren't really scarry, but more than 3 min of a dry run and i would start to get nervous :)

Back