• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How fast should I push it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ManOfKnight

Back in Iowa :( Come on Gators, Get up and Go!
i just bought a GlobalWin WBK38...this will replace my shitty Chrome Orb. Just wanted to know how fast i should push my processor.

900Mhz Thunderbird (blue)
KT7A-RAID
256MB PC133 Crucial Ram
Radeon 32MB DDR
Maxtor ATA100 30GB HD
2 case fans pushing about 28cfm each
system temp stays about 29-33C

you push it till it will go no more. make sure the heatsink is on properly first and your termps are right, then keep pushing up the speed until it is unstable at which point add a little extra voltage. Keep an eye on those temps at all times and by that I mean under full load for a while. What case cooling do you have.

I would push it as far as 1.85v would allow.
people go alot further but that is a much safer level =)

I Pushed the Chrome Orb

I got about 1.06Ghz out of the ORB stable, but the temps were getting a tad bit too high ( 55-60C ) so I decided to get a better Heatsink. I want to get ATLEAST 1.1Ghz out of this, just wanted to know if the WBK38 was working out for any of ya'll.

seeing as it is basically the same as the FOP range it is pretty good. It is definately worth lapping it though as the base of the GW range is normally pretty terrible

room for improvement though, if your case only has those stupid punched holes for airflow it may be worth cutting them out as they restrict air flow so much their silly.
I have about 75cfm into my case and about 60cfm going out at present and I can't get lower temps even with my case cover off.

have no probs with system temp

I have no problems with system temperature, it stays in high 20's low 30's even with the HOT AZZ Chrome Orb...it doesn't dissipate heat all that well...i guess i learned the hard way. I hope the WBK38 works well, although i might take your suggestion and move up to over 100mm in the front case fan so maybe I can even get a little more out of it

it is just a suggestion I am not saying that it is neccessary. But case cooling can have as much of an effect as the heatsink. The heatsink can be cooled as low as the temp of the air in the case, and it is best to get the case ambient and motherboard temp at a constant temp around room temp. like I said about my cooling I get room temp temperatures with only 2 intake and 2 exhaust which even leaving the case off doesn't affect and these temps don't change even under load.

Back