• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus p4p800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blunt

i have an asus p4p800 with a 2.6c mbm and asus probe are telling me 87oC but when i go into bios it says 33.5oC

If the bios says your at 33.5 then the 87 is either a conflict between Probe and MBM or you have accidentally selected the wrong sensor in MBM to go with each temperature. This happened to me when I first installed MBM but I cannot remember the right sensors because I have since reinstalled windows and I did not set up MBM again. I've heard that running 2 hardware monitors might not be a good idea.

Cheers

Blunt said:
i have an asus p4p800 with a 2.6c mbm and asus probe are telling me 87oC but when i go into bios it says 33.5oC

1) Don't run 2 temp monitoring apps at once, they both try to access the same sensors and can interfere with each other and the OS.

2) CPU sensor for the P4P800 is "Winbond 2-Diode". The board sensor is "Winbond 1".

3) P4P800's read low temps on the CPU and kind of high on the mobo. Don't be suprised to see your CPU temp running in the mid 20°C range at idle. I add +8°C of compensation in MBM to this sensor.

i uninstalled both montiors and reinstalled asus probe. now its all good i am runnin on 1.6v 3.33 ghz on my 2.6c my rams the limit its the ram in my sig ive got adata pc4000 on the way tho so well see what she can do btw i am still using the stock hsf ;) this chip is a beauty

Hey guys, I was just curious, cause I have a P4P800 dlx and a 2.6c and i can't seem to get above 250 FSB. I have a gig of corsair pc3200 value ram, and these are my settings. Memory is 2.5-3-3-8, with a burst length of of 8. the dram idle timer @Infinite and the refresh rate at 7.8u. I have HT on and Turbo off. I naturally have agp/pci set to 66/33, and my vcore at 1.65. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

turn ht back on for starters. then have you tried changing you mem ratio?

Back