• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 Pro dead, Voodoo 3 time!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wraith

Yeah, im assuming my radeons gone, and since i have zero cash, i guess i had might as well put my old v00d00 back in, any idea how well she'll overclock for me? its the mid range voodoo 2, with 16 mb ram

I am in the same situation now with a FX 5200 that died and I am wondering about overclocking it to. Only my card is a voodoo 3

Its an interesting question. I would think you could get some nice overclocks out of older cards when using newer cooling technology since the newer coolers are designed for large amounts of heat. I would say put a NB1-C on it & see what it does (the basic SLK800/900 design is a good design on a desktop chip so I'd assume it would be good on a VooDoo). That would be cool to see.

Bahahhahaha! Your vid cards are for peasants... Bow to my voodoo5500 of 1337n355! :D

I dunno what you should expect for an OC, however if I were you I would snag the amigamerlin drivers... The final release for my card is EXCELLENT! :)

I posted this almsot a year ago....the voodoo 3 has since been stolen, and my 9700 Pro is fine, the Zalman HP80A I ahve on it slid off and was macking it artifact VERY badly

Holy crap... I should have looked at the thread start date... just saw the last posting activity at first. :)

My card still pwn5 j00! ;)

imog where are those drivers.... I might as well give the story as to why i need them... I was at work the other day (i work in a realestate office) and i saw some dood putting an old computer next to the dumpster. I could tell it was atx. My boss was around all day so i didnt go out and check it at first. So i told myself i would be strong and just let it go. but right as i was about to leave i broke down and went over and looked. i found a pci voodoo 5 5500 64mb and 512MB's of sdram. and a celly 900. what a damn fool. ne way the card works like a champ and i am using it in one my my workstations as a secondary monitor card. SO I NEED DRIVERS THAT WORK. most of the weird ones on guru3d suck. tnks in advance

I got my old card working again it happened that 1 of my capacitors got ripped off of my GeForce FX5200 But, Hey, the Voodoo 3 was a good back up and I always trust it even though it is like 5-6 years old. except with it it made my window in firefox bounce up and down which made it hard to read I did not do any extreme overclocks I only took mine up to 205mhz and stock was 166mhz. I don't know which version it is but it saved me and I was able to turn in my english prodject. I used the stock heatsink with an 80 mm case fan blowing on it.

Last edited:
No, it can't be.

Today my new 9700pro went dead, and I put in a voodoo3 2000 pci in its place!!
I as well have zero cash.

Quailane said:
No, it can't be.

Today my new 9700pro went dead, and I put in a voodoo3 2000 pci in its place!!
I as well have zero cash.

You know, as sick as it sounds, I miss the days when I just had me and my Radeon Ve, or my Voodoo 3. I could overclock the hell outa them and my whole system , then tweak it out to the max, all in the name of preformance.

Now I have a 9700 Pro...and It just doesnt matter, its already fast!

I have more fun OCing my Celeron 375 with a Geforce 2 than I do my main rig, its something about the classic hardware that just give you a warm feeling inside.....I miss the old days

I think it's that older rigs, you really feel the benefit of every extra Mhz. Most of us have up to date rigs that are not hurting at all on anything but benchmarks. You get 100 more Mhz out of your main rig and have to talk yourself into believeing that you feel the 105 fps that fraps said you had when you had 100 before. You get your Voodoo 3 singing along at 190Mhz, and your old celly A breaking 600 and say whoa, I can actually play UT2K3 on this..... where I couldn't before @ 166 and 366, .... a more severe difference.

I wish the Voodoo 3s had an SLI mode though, I've gotten hold of an AGP one to go with my old faithful PCI. That would be fun to play with.

Anyhoo, I find my voodoos in use on 3rd and 4th rigs, and I still play games on them. There's a lot of games I like that run real nice on them still.

Road Warrior

I miss my Voodoo 3 2000. I gave it and my old computer to my mom about three years ago. I have been thinking about finding another one and building an Athlon T-Bird system based on an Epox 8k7a Motherboard, complete with watercooling. :p

I tried to install a VooDoo 3500 into an A7N8X.......but it didn't fit the AGP slot :-/

I think that card did 220/200 with modded cooling.

LOL omg i remember the voodoo cards, i had a voodoo3 once, i thought i was the **** cus i had the most badass card on the block lol

...my old Voodoo 3000 AGP is singing along in my wife's system right now, still works like a charm, and was OC'ed from day one. Runs @190mhz, with a big chunk of PII heatsink and a fan screwed onto it, with never a burp/fart, after 6 years of abuse. Tough card, I'm still impressed by it... :)

Unfortunately, all Voodoo 3s probably are 3.3V. That means you probably won't be able to use it with your motherboard.

I still have my Voodoo 3 3000 PCI card. It is slow and decrepid and probably uses a cane now just to walk accross the street, but dam if I love that old card lol. Mine OC'ed well back in the day, I cannot remember the exact numbers but I remember that it OC'ed better than most. I think that the stock clocks on a Voodoo 3 3000 where 166 and 166 and I was hitting near 200. I think that the OCing utility that I used back then just had one slider which OC'ed the memory and gpu at the same time. Man I remember how big of a difference going from 4mb onboard video to the Voodoo made. WCII was actually playeable and so was SC.

Back