• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce4 Ti4600 or ATI Radeon 9600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

z3r0

Which one of these cards would be better? Im mainly concerned with Halo and Max Payne 2 games here. And for the future of course.

Also, does the current drivers that are installed for your video card make any difference if your going to tweak it? Like for certain programs to tweak your video card do you have to the certain version of drivers for the video card to be able to tweak it?

ALso, what are some good programs to tweak my vid card with? I heard Rage3D is good.

IMO 9600pro is better the only time where a ti4600 would beat it is when all aa & af is turned off but whats the point in buying a fast card if your gonna turn it off:)

The 9600pro performes alot better on dx9 games (half life2 etc.) eaven tho the 4600 dosent eaven support dx9

If you want your games to look good you should get a 9600pro the 4600 is basicly out of date.

Your right rage3D is good for tweaking radeon cards thats what i use. i allways use the most up2 date drivers as i cant relly see the point in using old ones.

I second the 9600 Pro. The card is quite fast even with aa/af on. it is also very overclockable, and it is dx9 compliant, what more could you ask for?(well maybe a 9800 pro)

i third the 9600pro even though i like nvidia... i just have to admit that ati did better and im planning on also getting the 9600 pro this xmas
Eddie

z3r0 said:
What program should I use to tweak my GeForce 4 Ti4600?
Rivatuner is what i used... back in the dark age...

Got me a 9600 pro now...

I have seent the light. And it is good.

dguy6789 said:
I second the 9600 Pro. The card is quite fast even with aa/af on. it is also very overclockable, and it is dx9 compliant, what more could you ask for?(well maybe a 9800 pro)

how bout lower prices? well the prices will drop all right....in 2005 when many dx9 games are out. but then id just grab a much, much faster 9800 pro. In the meantime I can enjoy older games in full glory on my dream card ;)

Its so good that I can play Battlefield with no slowdown with only PC100 256MB SDRAM. lol. That game uses a lot of RAM.

Back