• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i hear the AYHYA is locked, is it just an L1 bridge deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Subzer0

hi, hope im not posting an already posted topic, we have only just had these released here in australia and as i hear they arent unlocked like the axia's. so do you just need to pencil the beasts [ silver contact pen] or are they different.. or then again have i been informed wrong???????? thanks dudes

I have a 1.33 and it is unlocked but I can't verify that all of them are like this.

mmmm but your 1.33 is an axia. i want to know about the AYHJA chip that was released recently...........................the shop that is closest to me says they are locked from the factory????????????????? thanks

Here's the deal. (I have a 1.4 and a 1.33 ayhja) they are not locked, however people ARE having problems using any multiplier other then default. Here's the deal. You can set it above 10.5 (1.4Ghz) and it WILL boot. But once it's in windows it locks hard. Regardless of the speed. (1.42 locks) I'm not sure if this is localized to the KT7A boards, but I have heard this brought up more then a few times. I haven't heard of a successful multiplier overclock yet. (From the source) Changing the FSB works of course. (This is my experience)

alisport (Jun 14, 2001 01:03 p.m.):
mmmm but your 1.33 is an axia. i want to know about the AYHJA chip that was released recently...........................the shop that is closest to me says they are locked from the factory????????????????? thanks

Nope my 1.33 is a AYHJA and is unlocked it is not in my sig yet, still playing. Besides the one in my sig is a 1.3/100 not a 1.33/133

The Grue (Jun 14, 2001 01:28 p.m.):
Here's the deal. (I have a 1.4 and a 1.33 ayhja) they are not locked, however people ARE having problems using any multiplier other then default. Here's the deal. You can set it above 10.5 (1.4Ghz) and it WILL boot. But once it's in windows it locks hard. Regardless of the speed. (1.42 locks) I'm not sure if this is localized to the KT7A boards, but I have heard this brought up more then a few times. I haven't heard of a successful multiplier overclock yet. (From the source) Changing the FSB works of course. (This is my experience)

It seems to me to be isolated to the Abit board. I have a 1.33 AYHJA which came with the L1 bridges connected (unlocked) and have recently pushed it to 1.6ghz. When i get my my 172watt TEC going, hopefully i can hit 1.7ghz.

I bet the peltier will actually make things worse. That will be putting out more heat than you may realize. No, I'm not saying you don't know anything, but it will take even one HELL of an efficient watercooling setup to keep that thing cool. Just speaking from experience. :-(

Back