• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Half Life error?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ubermu

Registered
Hey guys when I'm playing HL: Counter Strike I get a lot of crashes where everything freezes up and sounds start repeating until I tab out and close the game w/ ctrl alt del. I'd like to know where I could pinpoint my problem so I could fix it. I'm assuming it's a generally known issue.

My system specs are:
1800+ @ 11x200 (2200)
SK-7 w/ Smart Fan 2
NF7-S
Buffalo PC3700 2x512
Radeon 9500 softmod 9700
Antec 350w
and some 80gb hard drive w/ 8mb cache

Thanks in advance for your help.

It wouldn't happen to give an error message liiiiikeeee.....

THIS!?

hl2error.jpg

Ok... well that's fake... i just photshopped it in...

I really don't know what might be happening. What drivers you using? I heard some people are having troubles with Cat 3.8... if you are using them

Hello.

I'm Steve from Tech Support, How may I help you?

Half-Life crashed? Reformat the drive.

What, your CPU is overheating? Its making the case walls glow red? Reformating the drive will certainly fix that, to!

It fixes everything! Reformating will even bring a dead video card back to life!

Thankyou for calling tech support.

[/Mindless Dribble]

Haven't run it yet. I just installed a new PSU and it's crappy, won't really let me overclock so I'm guessing the PSU just isn't giving up the juice.

My other thought was maybe the CPU just got too hot.

Back