• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp2500+ oc, where next?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlackBob

Hi

Completely new to oc

Have xp2500+ at 220x9.5 on abit nf7-s rev2
2x256 Crucial pc3200 ram at 2.8V - doesn't seem stable much beyond this fsb.

I've tried upping the multiplier to 10 but system won't even boot. Tried increasing the CPU voltage a little from 1.65 to 1.675 but still won't boot. Do I need a lot more volts or should I quit while I'm ahead? If more volts required how high can I reasonably take this and what is a safe max temp? Currently Sandra is reporting 58C about 6hours into Prime95 torture test.

Thanks guys

From what ive seen with the NF7-S , the 10 multiplier wont go to 220mhz FSB...... Id try 10.5 and start at 208mhz FSB. And up the FSB mhz by Mhz. (the 9.5 multi will prob hit 240mhz FSB +).

The abit NF7 also under volts so you will need to set the Vcore to 1.7v in the BIOS to actually run at 1.65v. Use the hardware doctor as provided to check this.

Whats your cooling like? PSU? Barton stepping mabye?

Seems to be a decent chip so far, try not to go over 1.8v seems to be a general view on the boards. Watch your temps and see how you get on.

Back