• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Huge Problem with P4P8800 and 2.4C SL6Z3!! HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker456

Before I tell you the problem you need to know this fact. With The same P4P800 and my P4 2.8B I was able to run my memory up to 443MHz at 2/2/2/5 with 2.85v.. 100% stable

With my New P4 2.4C and the same motherboard my memory can't get past 220MHz!! WTF!!! I even tried relaxed timings, I tried everything I know.. nothing helped. It's so strange and it makes no sense at all... The 2.4C can do up to 3.5GHz so it's not the problem. What is causing this... I had dreams, now I can only run 3.5GHz with 266MHz memory setting in the motherboard.. this sucks.. please help..

I'm using Kingston HyperX PC3500 1GB

probably cuase now you have a 12x multiplyer and your ram at 320 or 5:4 is running your ram at ddr464 and you said your ram can do 443mhz so thats y u have to drop it down to 266 or 3:2 to get your system back up to 290fsb.
u have good ram do a vmem mod and use about 3.3v for that hyperx and that thing will give u about ddr500 so u can use 5:4 ratio.

AZN said:
probably cuase now you have a 12x multiplyer and your ram at 320 or 5:4 is running your ram at ddr464 and you said your ram can do 443mhz so thats y u have to drop it down to 266 or 3:2 to get your system back up to 290fsb.
u have good ram do a vmem mod and use about 3.3v for that hyperx and that thing will give u about ddr500 so u can use 5:4 ratio.

How do I do the Vmem mod?

i hope u can solder well or find some smd grabbers. read the mod VERY carefully or you could kill ur ram and possibly the board.

vmem mod for p4c800 and p4p800

at the beggining the mod shows the p4c but on the second page a member shows it for the p4p.

u can also check out
extreme cuase thats where i learned how to do the mod and if u have questions u can't figure out here then they can help.

Back