• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best pentium 4 motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toddm27

I am looking for a motherboard to support a pentium 4 2.4 or 2.6 with the best features for the best price. I'm building a system for a friend on a budget. Around 100 dollars max with onboard sound and a good overclocking feature set. Thanks

:(

The search button is your friend

Why don't you read downt the front page of the intel mobo section and tell me how many times this has been asked?

I don't mean to be rude, but try not to ask questions like this. Try to be more speciffic, and don't expect to get a truly deffinitive answer, because with this type of question you will see there are many mobos which many different people would consider the best.

If you have enough money I would say get the p4c800-e. If you have a little less money get the 4pca3+ rev2. If you have even less money get the p4c800 or is7, and if you want the absolute cheapest I think the is7-e would be the one.

Last edited:
Well... the "best" mobo in my opinion would probably be the Abit IC7-Max 3, but it ain't cheap. The best for under $100 with all the features you want would be the Abit IS7-E ($91 shipped from newegg.com). About the only other choice I might recommend woudl be comparable Asus models.

If you are buying a 2.4 or 2.6 than a max3 is pretty much out of the question. It has a 5:4 divider problem that severly limits oc's, so unless you get a 2.8 or higher, or you get pc4x00 crap memory you shouldn't look to waste that much money.

Back