• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Via Drivers on an A-Bit KT7A w/ Raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sniper

Registered
I had an Epox 8K7A3+, and I had ultiple issues to say the least i replaced the board. I then got an A-bit, I know these are reliable, and at the same tie i got my 2 IBM HDD's in so i set up raid. The only thing i ended up installing for the board was the High Piont Drivers. I never used the via drivers. I tried to us the disks setup, but that didn't work, so i didn't bother manually installing them. NOW. This is the thing. y Epox i had so many problems that i found out that it was the Via chips set or the board it self. So what i want to know is, are the Via drivers going to inprove anything on my system or is this just a waste of time. the computer is running great with out them, so should I bother to or Not. Please let me know. I really would like to have the most perfomance for my system. Thanks.

Any time you have a VIA chipset on a mobo you should try to keep the drivers up to date. They are monsters that always need to be fed. :) I install them as soon as they certified. It;s better to do it that way then find a problem later. :)

Kt7a-Raid 1.113 T-bird@1360

Back