• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

buffalo pc3200 (dual) timings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stech4u

Registered
i just recently setup my first pc (AMD) on my own a week ago... wanting to know OC it. the specs are on my sig.

i was wondering which memory timing are most people getting at that is stable? how about timing to OC 2500+ to 3200+ speed?

awaiting some suggestions, thanks in advance.

did you just get the 3200? Chances are it is ch-5, because buffalo stopped putting bh-5 in their 3200 and started putting it in their 3700 a while ago. Ch-5 can oc pretty high, but it takes loose timings, especially ras to cas...you won't be able to run 2-2-2-x, but probably 2-3-2-x. You have your rig...you oc it and let us know :D

quick question, when you say 2-3-2-x ...is that in the following order ???

CAS Latency (tCL)
Ras-to-CAS Delay (tRCD)
Ras Precharge Time (tRP)
Row Active Time (tRAS)

as you can tell, i got it previously at 11-3-3-2 (top-to-bottom in bios), now... i set it a little looser to achieve 24-48 prime stability (hopefully) w/ less Vcore & default Vdimm. currently at 11-3-3-2.5 ....prime just started 30mins ago, looking good.

i'll reply w/ the outcome.

the 3 was tRCD. Why would you be using default vdim? Set it to max, and then once you want better timings do a vmod and raise the voltage even more. I am (...er...was, and will be again when my mobo gets back from rma :D :() running my bh-5 @ 3.22v 24/7 and was told that my max 3.32v would be fine.

lol ...i'm kinda enjoying my first hands-on built rig... upgraded from an old P3-500. so 1.833 is fast enough, ...w/ 2.2--i can't even tell the difference ^^

i'll prolly push this system to the max later on...but not quite yet ^^

Back