• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need suggestion's for my [email protected] 1.55v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amdking

I have had this processor for some time now, maybe 8 months I think.
I have had this CPU at 3.33ghz 1.55v idle and 1.49v under load.
Cooling it With a decent air cooler.

Its a C1 MultiVid P4b with 533mhz FSB.

I THINK its capable of 3.5ghz @ 1.7v on air cuz I can run it at that in my games for all day long stable if my memory is set to 1:1 on this board.
But I think its my board holding me back...Epox 4PEA+
Ive tried 2 different good brands of memory and this board seems unstable past 740mhz which puts the memory @ 460mhz
if I back the memory to 1:1 it gives me 3.5ghz for this puppy and if I recall correctly that was stable in all games played at that speed. But, my memory was running at 370mhz I think in the 1:1 setting.
Ive tried OCZ PC 3500 EL, Corsair 3200 w/winbond ch-5 chips.
Those may be doin their max but Ive seen people take em to 500mhz so....
Another strange thing bout the memory Anything above 2.8v in bios gets me no extra mhz outta memory at the higher FSB...which another reason Im suspecting it being the motherboard.

Anyhow, just wondering if I were to go DC would ABIT IS7 get me anywhere with this CPU despite the facts its not officially a 800mhz FSB CPU. Would EPOX 4pda2+ work with this processor? Cuz I really love EPOX. I heard version 2 of that board is rare in the states, anyone know of a store u can get a rev2 from?

Cuz if I can do 3.5Ghz on air, Is that still a good OC? for this chip..
I know it would benifit from DC.

Thanks

hi,
yeah, i love epox too, see sig. :D
4pea(+) is the best 845pe board ever. stable up to 220fsb with full pci fix, near ddr500, and, and.

your problem is ???:
currently using the ram-4:5 and cannot booting over 185fsb. with 186fsb = no boot.
you need no new board, only a little tweak with soldering.

or can you boot at 186?

the winbond bh-5 works perfect with the board.
my ocz3500el can fast timings too, but not as high as the bh-5.
for high memspeed use only one stick of ram.

damn u got a lucky board lol =P there were different rev's of it and mine is 1.0 dont know if that makes a diff, heard it did.

Anywayz yeah I can boot at 186 and up to 200 and drive the memory far past 460mhz

But, after bout 30mins I get crashes. Only if memory runnign faster then 460mhz tho.
I have 2.8v running to a single stick to get 460mhz but even if I up the voltage to ram it dont wanna do anymore and also if I up the voltage to the chipset which is the AGP setting in the BIOS that dont help past 460mhz either. And the AGP/PCI clocks I did lock to 66/33 in BIOS...so that shouldnt be me problem..

Well, I went and got a IS7 tonight, to see if its really the 2 stix of memory Ive tested *seperatly on this epox board

If I get same results on IS7 then I will be sure its memory holding me back...otherwise if I get better results with memory, then I guess I will keep the IS7 and drive my CPU to its 3.5ghz.

I know this Epox board HATES running any memory I put in it at loose timings...hell at CAS2.5 733 it crashes at 400mhz lol
I have to have it at Cas2 532 to keep this memory stable.
It also does not like running memory at 5/2/2.
This is on 2 diff stix I tested as before and got same exact results with both chips which Im just suspectin a wierd board.

Wish I had ur EPOX man =P

Well I got my 2.8B up too 3.5ghz but that's no where near the speed of yours, because my fsb is quite low, but I have my ram running at DDR433 with 3:4 ratio, well to me it's a decent Oc. I know this puppy can hit 4ghz with water cooling, I have done 3.6 at 70c, but that's not different than 4ghz.:rolleyes: :mad:

If you want speed, forget about the 4:5 ratio and how fast the memory is running.

1) Install IS7, 2.4b, both memory sticks in appropriate slots.
2) Install bios 16
3) set Vcore to 1.6V, Vdimm to 2.85V
4) Forget all about 4:5 operation
5) set the fsb strap to 800
6) set the fsb to 190 (3.42GHz) or 195 if your chip really does have 3.5 in it.
7) set memory ratio to 1:1
8) set timings to 2-5-2-2
9) set GAT to Turbo,auto,auto,dis,dis. Try advancing the first setting to Street Racer and F1, test performance and stability.

1.8a at 190fsb/3.42GHz/1:1/2-5-2-2/GAT F1,a,a,d,d
2k2.jpg

Nice tips larva, hope that 195 can top off to 200fsb that would be cool, but you gonna need better cooling if ya gonna try to hit the 200fsb range.:D

How bout some PCMark action? I'd like to get a good IS7/P4P800 comparison.

Back