• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD cpus and Win2K problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guppie

Sorry if this is old, which it probably is, but has anyone ran into any trouble with their AMD and Win2K? I was browsing the AMD site and stumbled upon this... [An issue has been identified that could result in the corruption of video data shared between AGP graphics adapters and AMD Athlon™ or AMD Duron™ processors when running Microsoft Windows®2000 Professional, Windows®2000 Server, or Windows®2000 Advanced Server. This issue is independent of system chipset and has been observed when running Ziff-Davis 3D Winbench™2000 and Mad Onion 3DMark™ 2000 in benchmarking mode.]

I hate to upset you guys if this is an old issue, but has anyone updated with the registry patch "largepageminimum.reg" for it? Is it necessary even if you have SP2 for Win2K? I currently have a PIII and I'm switching over to an AMD - so for me, this is new and maybe for others switching as well. Can someone please enlighten me on this and tell me if I need the patch. My T-Bird and IWIll mobo should be here in about 7 days or so... Thanks.

I have had no problem with WIN2K and my T-birds.. I had an 800 @ 1000 and I currently have a 1.113. I have no no problems running 3dmark2000. I play Quake 3 for hours I play UT and Half Life. The only problem I have is with HIGH HEAT BASEBALL 2001 but that is because it;s a Direct3d game and not OPEN GL but that has nothing to do with my CPU being AMD.

KT7A-Raid
1.113 T-bird AXIA
2 128 Sticks of Mushkin REV 2ram

Back