• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help with Vice City - Gamepad not recognized

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BeanTownBrawler

I have the ps2 controller connected with an adapter. It is recognized and works perfectly with almost all games. It did work with GTA3. However, Vice City doesnt recognize it. When I try to configure the controller, none of the buttons work nor do they work in the game. My friends Logitech Dual Action also didnt work with the game. Is this a known problem? Anyone know how I can fix it?

I've used the same set up before, and a Gravis gamepad. I've found that for some reason with GTA:VC will drop the controller. Why it does this, I'm not sure. No other game I have does it either. The only way I've been able to fix it is by setting the priority higher under task manager for cpu usage,which seems to help prevent it from happening...sometimes..., and when the controller drops out, unplug it from it's USB port and plug it back in.

did you try an x box controller. I know they work. Talk to blackhabit. He has a x box controller set up that he could try to talk you through.

Back