• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is definately a competive team

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cowboy Shane

It has been a while since I even attempted to climb the charts while I was folding for the ninjas, and I had forgotten just how hard it is to keep up. In the short time I've been folding under my own name, Mental704 has already blasted by me, and TOR, ShaunBrewer, and IFMU are all hot on my tail.

Good job guys!

flix style grumping about being passed

/*In other news: A masked man in a silly cowboy hat has reportedly robbed a bank in the Augusta, GA area today. Witnesses to the crime reported the robber as ranting about folding, and he allegedly asked several victims if he could borg them. This reporter can only assume the perpetrator is deranged, and therefore should be avoided at all costs*/

This team has become and looks like it will continue to grow strong.I can remember 3k had you running for first,course the point values where much smaller,but they stil had the most cpu cycles.AMD was king!

Now things are different,not so much of a difference between a fast p4 or Xp.Point values seem way off to me but hey they sure look nice.The way things are going I will have a hard time staying in the top ten.

I too say "Great job"

Yup, I was stalled at 45ish for awhile with 2.5kppw. Now I'm starting the uber-school borg (All of the 1.7 P4 boxen), and there are many more coming :D
If all goes as planned I'll be red by the end of this week/middle of next week.

You should rejoin the team, but no hurry. If we can jump production maybe we could have a gauntlet with FTWL to 100k :)

I'm rejoining the subteam when I hit 10k points.

baru said:
yeah. maybe you should rejoin the ninjas.... :D
#

You can join too ;)

wasn't meant as a slam. i've got ~ 10ghz folding for the ninjas. sorta kinda. I added around 8 of those ghz in the last week, and then my original crapped out. messing around inside, and off comes a hose. not cool. by some act of providence the coolant mixture missed everything important. a little water on the board. let it dry for a few days with a fan, bought a hose clamp for the one frickin connection that wasn't clamped, and refilled. should have some wu's coming in soon. I haven't optimized some of the other rigs, but they will be optimized, trust me. Why do you think the ninjas are doing alright with you guys folding for yourself? When you guys come back, we'll regain some ground. And i'll keep trying for more rigs. Maybe i can get the ninjas climbing before you guys come back....

but you do need to come back....

Hi Cowboy Shane,

keep checking that mirror.

Advanced warning to ifmu, TOR and mentAL704 look behind that spot in you mirror is getting bigger (okay slowly).

Competition is great - keeps up the interest and all the WU's to a good cause.

Only winners here.

Shaun

Current kit:

NF7-S 1700+ at 22??mhz - not sure if 100% stable lost 2 out of 7 WU's
NF7-S 1700+ at 2000mhz
Abit KT7A-Raid at 1700+ at 1667mhz
PIII 1133mhz

Dial up is slowing me down will have to look at running multiple WU's for the times when waiting for a connection.

Thats because I started with 7 machines. Can I have half the money from the robbery, I won't turn you into the police. :D

Ya damn straight this is a competitive team.. It seems like every time I challenge someone, they outgrow me short time after.

*grump* Just look at Badvector *grump grump* totally trashing me at current.

Flix

Try being number 16 and being knocked back to 23 in less then 1 month with sixish more breathing down your neck. And every time you think you're getting back up to speed a sys locks up (two last night) or internet goes down (internet comes with my rent so when it goes down I can only wait till they decide to bring it back up. My hat is off to all of you guys borging and bringing systems on line at a pace better than any team out there. GO GO GO 32 :clap: :clap:

I tell ya, someone has hijacked Vonkaar's account!!! I know it now!

edit: the real Vonkaar might say that but then he would end it "Now bow down before your God" or something.

I think he accidentally hit the submit button while laughing so hard.

BTW, I meant to mention Cujo 32 in the first post as well since he also deserves congrats for going above 1,000 ppw.

If I keep getting the smack down I've been receiving, well, I'll just have to wait till Christmas, but then we will see... perhaps I can do a little borging around the office...

mwuhahahahahah cough hack heeeehhh.... darn young wipper snappers heeeehhh.... I'll get you, and your little computers too...

I'm regressing back to white since I went from 3.7GHz to 1.5GHz.

My freefall has already begun...

As soon as my former computer gets turned back on in its new home, maybe some of that power will return to T32.

ShaunBrewer said:
Advanced warning to ifmu, TOR and mentAL704 look behind that spot in you mirror is getting bigger (okay slowly).
Hey, I gots no probs, go on, bring it on up. ;) LoL

Anyways, all I have going for me is 2 machines. 1, is my primary machine. Dual 17's @ 2160 each and a dual PI300 both at 300. :rolleyes:
What can I say, it has no OC'ing options... period...

IFMU,

Like the avatar -

The thing thats holding me back are lack of a study - till it's finished (soon I hope) and dial-up - however now I am running 2 instances of F@H on each machine I am not loosing as much time waiting for work.

Your 2nd machine dual PII? not PI?

Shaun

Thanks, Im actually trying to get a better image.... that ones just too blurry IMO.

As for the machine... um... Ah yea, PII. Sorry. I had actually forgotten.... lol

Back