• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

post you temps with slk 800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JOptionPane

Registered
I just installed a slk-800 with my old Tt smart fan II and at first my temps were like 33c no load 47.5c loaded now they are at 40c no load 47 loaded? Just want to compare comparable systems. or you think i should reset the heatsink?

Thanks
JOptionPane

Vcore will affect the temp alot as well as the ambient. So, it'd be good idea to list the Vcore and ambient as well if you don't already list it on your sig... My load temp is 50C w/ 26C ambient w/ 2.0 Vcore...

no 33c is what is was running at when i frist put the slk 800 on now it is at 42c both temps are with no load just setting and on nothing running.

Ok...so 42¡ÆC isn't your ambient...good...I thought you live in a sauna:)

Do you have A or U? Cuz this one guy in this forum found out the weight of the HSF pulls it down enough to seperate the bottom of the heat sink from the CPU and when he set his case on its side, the CPU temp went down... if you have 800U, you don't have to worry thou...

Running about the same temps here with vcore at 1.825.
41c idle-49c load,ambient 20c-22c. Only Diff. is that Ive got a 80mm tornado on a controller running at 3600rpm. Reseated it many times and temps are always about the same.
1 weird thing was my old sf2 died that I was using on my slk,so while I was waiting on the Tornado to be shipped I put a SVC colored fan on it spinning at 3000 rpm and my temps were the same,go figure:)

How good is the intake/outake ventilation of your case JOptionPane? What exactly is your ambient temp? It would be nice for it to be less than 30°C or so. Just make sure you are getting lots of nice fresh air into, and all the stale hot air out of, your case and things may change quite a lot.

Good luck man

sitting 26c as atm, 24c ambient

I usually see it at around 39c idle and 45 loaded....my ambient is always about 10c lower than the CPU

28C idle, 35-40C load,on 2400@166*12 @stock volt according to winbond since mbm5 doesnt work in XP for me atm with SLK-800 + sunon 80mm tornado @ 12v
ambient is usually around 30C or so. depends on how many comps are running in my room :D

I have the SLK800 in my Soltek SL75MRN/Sonata box...Had a SK-6+ with a Y.S. Tech fan that ran 36 C @ 23 C ambient...Installed the SLK800 and it is sitting on 37.9 right now (Lian-Li T-4 temperature monitor)...Lapped it, reinstalled it twenty time...Grrrrrr....Have to remove the motherboard...Still does not cool better than my SK-6+ and T.M.D. setup...Mine just flop's in the breeze...You can turn the heatsink with no resistance what so ever...Heck my 9700 Pro idles at 42C...Sounds like you might be having the same problem I am experincing...:rolleyes:

Back